|Headquarters||San Mateo, California, USA|
AdMob is a mobile advertising company founded by Omar Hamoui. The name AdMob is a portmanteau for "advertising on mobile". It was incorporated in 2006 and is based in San Mateo, California. In November 2009 it was acquired by Google for $750 million. The acquisition was completed on May 27, 2010. Apple Inc. had also expressed interest in purchasing the company the same year, but they were out-bid by Google. Prior to being acquired by Google, AdMob acquired the company AdWhirl, formerly Adrollo, which is a platform for developing advertisements in iPhone applications. AdMob offers advertising solutions for many mobile platforms, including Android, iOS, webOS, Flash Lite, Windows Phone and all standard mobile web browsers.
AdMob is one of the world's largest mobile advertising platforms and claims to serve more than 40 billion mobile banner and text ads per month across mobile Web sites and handset applications.[when?]
On May 16, 2013 Google announced a rebuild of the AdMob platform at their 2013 I/O using technology from their other platforms like AdSense with the goal in mind of helping app developers to build their business.
In 2009, AdMob was listed among The Top Ten mobiThinkers 2009.
In 2010, AdMob received a Mobile Premier Award.
In May 2010, AdMob was recognized as one of the "Hottest Silicon Valley Companies" by Lead411.
- "AdMob: STA Travel's iPhone advertising campaign takes flight". Retrieved November 9, 2009.
- "Google to Acquire AdMob". Archived from the original on 12 November 2009. Retrieved November 9, 2009.
- "Facts about Google's acquisition of AdMob". Archived from the original on 10 November 2009. Retrieved November 9, 2009.
- "We’ve officially acquired AdMob!". Archived from the original on 29 May 2010. Retrieved May 27, 2010.
- By Chole Albanesius, PC Magazine. "It's Official: Google-AdMob Deal Approved." May 27, 2010.
- "Google, Apple rivalry heats up". Channel NewsAsia. Archived from the original on 12 April 2010. Retrieved April 11, 2010.
- "AdMob Ads Across Mobile Platforms". Archived from the original on 13 April 2010. Retrieved May 26, 2010.
- "Google Rebuilds AdMob With New Tools For Developers". W3Reports. Retrieved 16 May 2013.
- Mobile Advertising and Marketing Awards, winners include Turkcell, AdMob
- AdMob to keynote the Mobile Premier Awards event
- Lead411 launches "Hottest Silicon Valley Companies" awards