From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Adaiah the father of Queen Jedidah. He was of Boscath, a town in the Kingdom of Judah mentioned in the Hebrew Scriptures. His grandson was king Josiah of Israel.
- An Adaiah mentioned in passing as the ancestor of a Levite named Asaph, in 1 Chronicles 6:41 (counted as 6:26 in some Bibles).
- An Adaiah mentioned in 1 Chronicles 8:21 as being the son of a Shimei in a Benjamite geneaology.
- A priest listed in 1 Chronicles 9:12 and Nehemiah 11:12. According to Cheyne and Black, it is possible that this same priest should appear in Nehemiah 12:6 or 7, but has been removed by a scribal error that left the name "Jedaiah" in its place.
- A descendant of Bani, listed in Ezra 10:29.
- Another descendant of Bani, listed in Ezra 10:39.
- An Adaiah, son of Joiarib, listed in Nehemiah 11:5.
- An Adaiah mentioned as being the father of Maaseiah in 2 Chronicles 23:1.
- Cheyne and Black (1899), Encyclopaedia Biblica, entry for "Adaiah."
- 2 Kings 22:1
- William Smith - Aaron Zuzims - Smith's Bible Dictionary - Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- Adaiah - christiananswers.net - Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "Meaning and etymology of the name Adaiah" - Abiram Publications - Retrieved 20 August 2011.