Adair Park (Stilwell, Oklahoma)
|Location||Adair County, Oklahoma, United States|
|Nearest city||Stilwell, OK|
|Area||25 acres (10 ha)|
|Governing body||Adair County|
Adair Park, formerly named Adair State Park, is located in the city of Stilwell, Oklahoma in Adair County, Oklahoma., adjacent to the Adair County fairgrounds. The 25-acre (100,000 m2) park offers 7 RV campsites and 20 primitive campsites, as well as a fishing pond, playground, comfort station with showers, covered shelters and picnic facilities. The park also contains a fishing pond that covers 15-acre (61,000 m2). Fishing is allowed from the shore of the pond.
The state of Oklahoma announced in 2011 that it would close this park as a budget-cutting measure. Rather than closing, on September 15, 2011 Adair County assumed management of the park. It is now formally known as Adair Park.
- "Adair State Park".
- "Adair State Park". Oklahoma Tourism and Recreation Department. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- "Adair Park." Accessed September 14, 2015.
- Canfield, Kevin (March 4, 2011). "Seven Oklahoma state parks to be closed". Tulsa World. Retrieved April 10, 2012.
- "All Seven Oklahoma State Parks Slated For Closure To Remain Open". News One 6. Retrieved January 6, 2013.
- Travel OK. "Adair Park." Retrieved May 4, 2013.
|This article related to a protected area in Oklahoma is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|