Adam Adli Abd Halim, more commonly known as Adam Adli, a student activist from Malaysia.
13 May 2013 forum
On 13 May 2013, Adam Adli was arrested over the statements he made during a forum held at the Selangor Chinese Assembly Hall in Kuala Lumpur. He was arrested at 3:15 PM on 18 May 2013 under Section 4(1) of the Sedition Act. Adli was handcuffed at his office in Bangsar will be charged with sedition and is being investigated under Section 125b of the Penal Code, for acting in a manner detrimental to Malaysia's parliamentary democracy.
On 19 May 2013, Adli was remanded by the Malaysian authorities for five days until 23 May following his arrest for sedition. City police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Mohmad Salleh said the remand order was to help police investigate Adam Adli on statements he made during a 13 May forum.
Adam Adli was charged under Section 4 of the Sedition Act on 23 May 2013 in Kuala Lumpur.
Adli studies at the Sultan Idris University of Education. On 9 January 2013, Adli was suspended for three semesters, which will end in September for tarnishing the university's name and disturbing public peace and safety. On 25 November 2016 he married his high school sweetheart. They both now have one little boy.
- "Student activist Adam Adli arrested over his remarks at May 13 forum". The Star. Archived from the original on 7 June 2013. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "Where is Pakatan now that Adam Adli is in trouble?". Malaysia Kini. 20 May 2013. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "UPSI student, Adam Adli arrested by police". The Sun Daily. 18 May 2013. Retrieved 20 May 2013.[permanent dead link]
- Kumar, M. (19 May 2013). "Student activist Adam Adli remanded 5 days". The Star. Archived from the original on 7 June 2013. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- "Student activist Adam Adli remanded for five days". ABN News. 19 May 2013. Archived from the original on 23 May 2013. Retrieved 20 May 2013.
- Nazlina, Maizatul (26 April 2013). "Judge chides UPSI student Adam Adli for being disrespectful to leaders". The Star. Retrieved 20 May 2013.[permanent dead link]
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|