|Occupation||Actor, singer, musician|
Adam Alexi-Malle (born 24 September 1964) is an Italian actor, singer, dancer and musician.
Life and career
As musician, he began performing at the age of 9, intent on a career as a concert pianist and violinist having trained with Dorothy DeLay and Raphael Bronstein and at the Conservatoire de Paris, the Moscow Conservatory, the Juilliard School and the American Ballet Theatre. In the early 1990s, following a course at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts in London, he began his acting career.
He has starred in such films as Bowfinger, The Man Who Wasn't There, Hidalgo, Celebrity and Failure To Launch and on television in numerous guest-starring roles including The Sopranos, The West Wing, Alias and 24, and on stage in the Tony Award-winning/nominated Broadway productions of Titanic and The Threepenny Opera. He starred opposite Sam Rockwell and Cara Seymour in the critically acclaimed Off-Broadway premiere of Mike Leigh's Goose-Pimples with The New Group theatre in New York City garnering nominations as Outstanding Featured Actor with both the Drama Desk and Outer Critics Circle Awards.
Alexi-Malle has stated that he is fluent in Italian, French, Spanish, Russian and Arabic. He has additionally worked for Late Night with David Letterman, Family Guy and has done voice-overs in video games such as The Bourne Conspiracy, Diablo 3 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Alexi-Malle is the founding owner and CEO of the multimedia production company JP²A²M:worldwide Entertainment.
- The Man Who Wasn't There
- Failure To Launch
- A.I. Artificial Intelligence
- Treasure Buddies
- Coyote Ugly
- Peroxide Passion
- Night Falls on Manhattan
- The Peacemaker
- Mr. Peabody & Sherman
- Family Guy
- The West Wing
- The Sopranos
- Judging Amy
- Gideon's Crossing
- Go, Diego! Go!
- Diablo III
- Call of Duty: Black Ops: Declassified
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations
- Metro 2033 (Artyom)
- Metro: Last Light (Artyom)
- The Bourne conspiracy
- The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
- Titanic (musical) – Original Cast Album (Varèse Sarabande)
- Nellie McKay: Normal as Blueberry Pie – A Tribute to Doris Day (credited as Paolo Perre) (Verve)
- Love Song – The Kinsey Scale (band) featuring Paolo Perre (Autonomous Records UK)
Awards and nominations
- Legacy Poetry Prize – 2014 – Book – Poetry, "A Confederacy of Joy" by the Siena Press under birth name, Juan-Paolo Perre
- Tony Awards – Original Broadway Cast : Titanic (musical) – Best Musical, Best Original Score, Best Book of a Musical, Best Orchestrations, Best Scenic Design
- Drama Desk Award – Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play for "Goose-Pimples" – The New Group – 1998
- Outer Critics Circle Award – Outstanding Featured Actor in a Play for "Goose-Pimples" – 1998
- "CRITIC'S NOTEBOOK; Entering From the Wings: Drama's Daring Upstarts". The New York Times. 2 January 1998. Retrieved 13 June 2011.
- Canby, Vincent (4 January 1998). "SUNDAY VIEW; A Classically Riveting 'View From the Bridge'". The New York Times. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- Brantley, Ben (19 December 1997). "THEATER REVIEW; Nothing Nice to Say? Do Come Sit Closer!". The New York Times. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- Drukman, Stephen (11 January 1998). "THEATER; Playing the Outsider and Feeling Right at Home". The New York Times. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "ON STAGE AND OFF; Another Reason To Await Spring". The New York Times. 9 January 1998. Retrieved 13 June 2011.
- 1&1 WebsiteBuilder. "worldwide Entertainment Site". JP2A2M. Retrieved 13 June 2011.