This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
July 1970 (age 48)
London, England, UK
|Known for||hashcash, Blockstream|
In 1997, Back invented hashcash, the proof-of-work system used by several anti-spam systems. A similar system is used in bitcoin. Hashcash has also been used in a number of other protocols such as combating blog spam, and defending against user namespace pollution.
He was the first to formalize the "Non-Interactive Forward-Secrecy" security property for email and to observe that any Identity Based Encryption scheme can be used to provide Non-Interactive Forward Secrecy.
Adam is currently the CEO of Blockstream, a technology company that seeks to further the development of bitcoin and blockchain technology. Blockstream provides funding for the development of Bitcoin Core, the predominant bitcoin network client software. It also employs a large number of prominent Bitcoin Core developers.
- Shin, Laura. "Will This Battle For The Soul Of Bitcoin Destroy It?". Forbes. Retrieved 2019-04-09.
- "Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System" (PDF).
- "hashcash.org - blog plugins". hashcash.org.
- "I2P's Threat Model". i2p2.de.
- "credlib - Credential Library". cypherspace.org.
- "Non-Interactive Forward Secrecy". cypherspace.org.
- "export-a-crypto-system sig". cypherspace.org.
- "Munitions T-shirt". cypherspace.org.
- "Blockstream". blockstream.com.
|This article about a United Kingdom mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|