|Birth name||Adam Steven Barta|
|Born||September 21, 1979 (age 39)|
Bronx, New York
|Genres||Pop, R&B, dance-pop|
Adam Steven Barta (born September 21, 1979) is an American actor, reality star, and musician from the Bronx, New York. He has had four multiple charting singles on the Billboard Dance Chart and is known for his duets and viral videos with reality stars and media personalities such as Alana Thompson (Honey Boo Boo) from Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Farrah Abraham, Margaret Cho, Nadya Suleman (Octomom), Tan Mom , Eureka O'Hara, Mariah Lynn (from Love and Hip Hop New York), and Jonah Falcon.
Barta is also known for his collaborations with artists like Kathy Sledge (of Sister Sledge) and music videos featuring comedic stars such as Lisa Lampanelli that often land him in the press on sites such as TMZ. In 2017, he starred on the WE tv series Dr. Miami. In 2018 he released a single called "Peep Me Tonight" with hip-hop star Mariahlynn from the TV series "Love and Hip Hop New York".
In 2018 he also released the viral hit, "Free 2 Be Me" with "Tan Mom" Patricia Krentcil which Howard Stern called an "earworm" and "the greatest song of all time." In December Howard announced the music video had hit over a half million views in the first few days, as one of their most viewed videos of all time.
Barta started off his career doing off-Broadway theatre. One of his most noted roles was playing Tash in Befriending Beau, alongside Eric Millegan. He had also appeared in several television shows and films following his success from his role in Befriending Beau. In 1999, Barta appeared in the Comedy Central series, Strangers with Candy.
In 2012, he filmed scenes for his music video "Q&A" with Celebrity Apprentice's Lisa Lampanelli at the Night of a Thousand Gowns, in NYC, where he also was a headliner with her. In addition, he filmed an unaired episode of the show NY Ink for TLC in December where he met Ro Bear, who co-starred with him in the "Q&A" music video as well.
Barta's first single, "I Wanna Hold You," was produced by Mike Rizzo and was picked up on Abercrombie & Fitch's official playlist in stores throughout the country. It was Barta's first charting Billboard Dance Chart single and hit #55 on the chart. EsNtion Records took notice and signed Barta to a record deal for which his first single was "Standing in the Rain," with DJ Russ Harris. His music video hit the Number 1 spot on Logo's Click List in August, and was one of the top 10 videos of 2007. He was named favorite Click List artist of 2007 and made #96 on AfterElton.com’s Hot 100 for 2008. His video was also picked up internationally on Canada’s Only Dance Channel. The music video for "Standing in the Rain" premiered October 1, 2008 on Logo network's new mainstream dance/pop show Pop Lab, hosted by Solange and Lady Gaga. Barta hosted the Spring Break episode of Pop Lab on March 11.
In September 2009, his music video for "Standing in the Rain" was voted in the #1 spot on Logo's Ultimate Sexiest Music Video Countdown, beating out Lady Gaga and Kelly Rowland. The music video for "VIP" was filmed in December 2009 and contains cameos from The Real World: Hollywood's Nick Brown, Project Runway's Nicholas Putvinski, Michael Musto, Reina, Jipsta, and more. It premiered on Pop Lab on Logo on April 13, 2010. "VIP" was featured on the premiere of season 6 episode of The Bad Girls Club and also on The Real World: Las Vegas. In January 2011, he was featured on the show Face to Face with Ke$ha on the HERE! Network, although the two were not filmed together.
His next single was with Kathy Sledge (lead singer of Sister Sledge), a dance song produced by Mike Rizzo and Mr. Mig, called "Give Yourself Up (To The Music)." It was released on June 14 on Ingrooves/Universal Dist. Kathy Sledge performed it on The Oprah Winfrey Show in April in order to promote it. In September, the song debuted on the Billboard club chart at #45*. The song broke the Top 20 the week of October 22. In August, Barta filmed a music video starring reality celebrities Kim Granatell of The Real Housewives of New Jersey, Miguel Allure from Jerseylicious, Tonye 'Tone Tone' Albanese from Cake Boss, Jack Mackenroth from Project Runway, and Robin Kassner from Millionaire Matchmaker. The video, which broke on TMZ, featured Kathy Sledge's daughter Kristin. In May 2012 he released the music video for his single "Q&A" featuring Lisa Lampanelli, Michael Musto, Ro Bear (from NY Ink), Hailey Glassman, Kerry Schwartz, Tone Tone (from Cake Boss), Harry Legg, JC Alvarez, Ryan Nikulas (from The A-List: New York on Logo). Shortly after in June, he signed with Gina Rodriguez of DD Entertainment. It was then announced he would be heading into the recording studio for a new single with Nadya Suleman (Octomom), after she appeared in an alternate cut of the "Q&A" music video where she was heard saying, "Let's do a duet...on my new album!". He recorded with Suleman on June 20, at Audiomaxx Studios in Cherry Hill, NJ. The song was produced by Mr. Mig and Mike Rizzo. The duo then began popping up everywhere together doing press. Barta's song with Suleman was supposed to be called "Meet Me on the Dance Floor" and was slated to be released in August on Global Groove Entertainment. Barta went on "TMZ Live" in July 2012 to promote the song and talk about what it was like to record with Octomom.
In August, TMZ released the controversial CD cover featuring Barta holding Octomom's breasts while she was wearing a rosary on a bed, surrounded by crosses. The pair claimed they were inspired by Madonna. The new release date for the single was also announced as September 4, 2012 and the name was changed to "Sexy Party." In October, he engaged in a heated debate for the online website deeyoon.com with Angelina Pivarnick from Jersey Shore in which he defended same-sex marriage. JWoww came to his defense, slamming Pivarnick, who later made a public apology. Then in December, he released a single with Pivarnick called "Serendipity," which the pair said was to promote equality. The song was produced by Billboard producers Majik Boys.
In spring of 2013 he starred in three viral music videos. The music video for "Serendipity" was met with heavy criticism, being called "the world's worst music video." He also starred in Tan Mom's music video which was also called "the worst [music] video ever." His music video with Jonah Falcon for their song "It's Too Big" was featured on VH1's Best Week Ever. He appeared twice on the Howard Stern show, with both Tan Mom and Falcon, on which Stern declared he was "making a niche" for himself in entertainment. In Summer of 2013 he released a parody of the George Michael & Aretha Franklin duet "I Knew You Were Waiting for Me," called "You Seemed Shady to Me" with Pandora Boxx from RuPaul's Drag Race, which hit #46 on the iTunes Comedy Charts. He also released a song with Tan Mom on which he was featured called "Life of the Party," which E! News called "bad...really bad." He then released a song and music video with Myla Sinanaj called "I'm No Angel." Barta also released yet another controversial song with Sydney Leathers called "Weinerizer," which centered on Leathers' illicit sexting affair with NYC mayoral candidate Anthony Weiner.
In January 2014 he released a song "Justified" with Toby Sheldon, dedicated to Justin Bieber. In February 2014, he released the single "See U Next Tuesday" with comedian Margaret Cho. It hit the top 75 on the iTunes comedy singles chart. In February 2015 it was announced Barta was releasing a new song and music video called "Movin Up" with Alana Thompson (aka Honey Boo Boo) and her sister Pumpkin. The song was released in 2016 and Barta was credited as creating the new viral craze "the Honey Boo Boo bop".
In 2016 he formed the group "The Pool Kids" with dance artist SK8, and the pair achieved a Billboard dance club charting single, "Heartbreak Hotline", peaking at #17 on the chart. In 2017 he appeared on WE tv's Dr. Miami, where he got surgery, and also collaborated on a new song "Flawless", after the doctor told him it was his dream to be on the Billboard charts. The single debuted on the Billboard dance singles chart in April and peaked at #24. It also peaked at #32 on the Billboard dance club chart. He also released a song and music video with RuPaul's Drag Race season 9 contestant, Eureka O'Hara called "Body Positivity". The music video featured Farrah Abraham, who he previously had been suing for music royalties.
In 2018 it was announced he was releasing a single with Mariahlynn from Love and Hip Hop New York, with Dr. Miami, and featuring Reina, called "Peep Me Tonight". The song was met with acclaim and positive reviews.
Later that year he released a new single called "Free 2 Be Me" with Patricia Krentcil (Tan Mom), and performed it live on the Howard Stern Show. Howard said he "couldn't get it out of his head for days".
Jimmy Kimmel and Ike Barinholtz both claimed they loved Barta on the song and couldn't get it out of their heads. Later in the year, Barta appeared on the Stern Show playing Family Feud with Patricia and won. Howard announced the music video had achieved over 500,000 views in a few days and was a huge success.
|Year||Song||U.S Club Play||U.S. Dance Airplay||U.S. Dance Sales|
|2006||"I Wanna Hold You"||55||-||-|
|2011||"Give Yourself Up"||20||-||-|
|2016||"Heartbreak Hotline" (as The Pool Kids)||17||-||-|
- "Adam Barta's Recovery". WE tv. Retrieved 2017-06-28.
- "Dance Songs: Top Dance Music Chart". Billboard. Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- "Dance Songs: Top Dance Music Chart". Billboard. Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- "Chart Search | Billboard". www.billboard.com. Retrieved 2019-05-05.
- "Honey Boo Boo debuts 'Movin' Up' music video". NY Daily News. Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Eureka O'Hara Drops Epic Music Video Featuring Farrah Abraham After Shocking 'Drag Race' Episode". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved 2017-06-15.
- "Margaret Cho and Adam Barta Record 'See You Next Tuesday' (VIDEO) – Huffington Post". The Huffington Post.
- Miller, Gregory E. (2014-05-18). "How do D-listers stay famous? Ask Adam Barta". New York Post. Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Eureka O'Hara Drops Epic Music Video Featuring Farrah Abraham After Shocking 'Drag Race' Episode". Entertainment Tonight. Retrieved 2019-05-05.
- "Not A Drill: Mariahlynn Teamed Up with Dr. Miami for New Song Called "Peep Me Tonight"". VH1 News. Retrieved 2018-08-04.
- Musto, Michael. "Lisa Lampanelli And I Cameo In New Music Video". Village Voice.
- "D-List Reality Stars Unite in Music Video". tmz.com.
- "Octomom Releasing Dance Song -- From Dropping Babies to Dropping Rhymes!". tmz.com.
- "Tanning Mom Becomes A Rapper". RumorFix.
- "Honey Boo Boo TV Show — Song To Be Released After Alana Called Obese – OK! Magazine". OK! Magazine.
- "Who Is Adam Barta, Social Media Star on 'Dr. Miami'?". 2Paragraphs.com. 2017-03-31. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- "Adam Barta's Recovery". WE tv. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- "Plastic Makes Perfect". WE tv. Archived from the original on 2017-06-18. Retrieved 2017-06-15.
- "Dr. Miami & Adam Barta Team Up With MariahLynn & Reina for 'Peep Me Tonight'". Billboard. Retrieved 2018-08-04.
- "Dr. Miami Teams up With 'LHHNY' Star Mariahlynn on a New Track — and Her Verse Is Fire!". In Touch Weekly. 2018-08-01. Retrieved 2018-08-04.
- "AUDIO: Hear Tan Mom Team Up With Adam Barta on a New Single Called 'Free 2 Be Me'". Howard Stern. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- "Tan Mom Is Reportedly Upset With Jimmy Kimmel Over His 'Free 2 Be Me' Comments". Howard Stern. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- "Wack Pack Feud: Tan Mom's Family Faces Off Against Medicated Pete's Family". Howard Stern. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- "CABARET HOTLINE BREAKING NEWS – New York Post Entertainment Guru Produces Charity Fall Theater Festival". svhamstra.com. Archived from the original on 2006-11-12. Retrieved 2008-07-31.
- "Q&A" - Adam Barta (Official music video: ALTERNATE "OCTOMOM" ENDING). YouTube. 30 May 2012.
- "Articles tagged with Adam Barta – A&F Playlists". anfplaylists.com. Archived from the original on 2012-01-15. Retrieved 2012-09-04.
- "Video Lunch: Adam Barta - "I Wanna Hold You"". LOGO News. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "Homophonic video blog (Ep. 10): Living large with Adam Barta". LOGO News. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- Fitzpatrick, F. M. "Mike". "Wisconsin Gay News From Quest: Vol. 14 No. 15". www.quest-online.com. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-06-04. Retrieved 2008-07-22.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Home". bpmtv.com.
- "Adam Barta on NewNowNext PopLab". logotv.com.
- "Catching Up With Adam Barta". 2012-05-17. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "VIP". logotv.com. Archived from the original on 2011-07-27.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-01-21. Retrieved 2011-04-15.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-02-08. Retrieved 2012-12-21.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Oprah.com". Oprah.com. Archived from the original on 2011-04-17.
- "Chart Beat". Billboard.
- "'Octomom' Nadya Suleman Mulling Career As Singer (VIDEO)". The Huffington Post.
- "Nadya Suleman; Pop Star?". Y100.
- "TMZ Live: Justin Bieber -- Too Fast, Too Young … Too Dangerous?". tmz.com.
- "Octomom -- The Topless Album Cover [PHOTO]". tmz.com.
- "WATCH Which Jersey Shore Cast Member Opposes Marriage Equality – Advocate.com". advocate.com.
- "'Jersey Shore' Reject Angelina Pivarnick FLIP FLOPS -- Gays SHOULD Marry!". tmz.com.
- "Angelina Pivarnick Makes Pathetic Argument Against Gay Marriage, JWoww Rips Her on Twitter". OK! Magazine.
- "'Jersey Shore' Star Angelina Pivarnick Teams With Gay Pop Artist Adam Barta For New Single". The Huffington Post.
- Rescue2. "Angelina Pivarnick Stars in World's Worst Music Video". The Hollywood Gossip.
- "Tanning Mom Music Video -- Quite Possibly the Worst Video Ever". tmz.com.
- "It's The Penis Song". VH1. 10 May 2013. Archived from the original on 7 June 2013.
- HOWARD STERN: Tan Mom returns & gets hit on by Sal. YouTube. 28 May 2013.
- "Pandora Boxx & Adam Barta Premiere New Music Video "You Seemed Shady To Me"". NewNowNext.
- "Pandora Boxx, 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Star, Debuts 'You Seemed Shady To Me' Video With Adam Barta". The Huffington Post.
- "Tan Mom Patricia Krentcil's Life of the Party Video Will Haunt Your Dreams—Watch Now! - E! Online". E! Online.
- "Adam Barta Wants To Sing A Song With Sydney Leathers, Every Other Pseudo-Celebrity". The Huffington Post.
- Rees, Alex. "Justin Bieber Lookalike Releases Bieber-Themed Single". Cosmopolitan.
- "She's back! 'Honey Boo Boo' debuts song, dance and music video". fox8.com. 2015-10-01. Retrieved 2017-02-18.
- "The Making of Flawless". WE tv. Retrieved 2017-06-15.
- "Billboard Dance Chart Upstarts: San Holo, Justin Caruso and Dr. Miami & Adam Barta". Billboard. Retrieved 2017-07-17.
- "'RuPaul's Drag Race' Queen Eureka O'Hara Promotes 'Body Positivity' on New Song: Premiere". Billboard. Retrieved 2017-06-15.
- "Farrah Abraham -- Accused of Low 'Blowin'". TMZ. Retrieved 2017-06-15.
- "Dr. Miami Teams Up with LHHNY Mariahlynn For New Song, 'Peep Me Tonight' | Mack in the Afternoon | Y100". Mack in the Afternoon. Retrieved 2018-08-04.
- "Tan Mom Patricia Krentcil returns to the studio to record new single". Radar. Retrieved 2018-10-12.
- "VIDEO: Tan Mom Sings Live, Sets Off a Metal Detector, and Meets 'Shuli Mom'". Howard Stern. Retrieved 2018-10-12.
- "Adam Barta Billboard page".