|Birth name||Adam Steven Barta|
|Born||September 21, 1979 (age 36)
Bronx, New York
|Genres||Pop, R&B, dance-pop|
Adam Steven Barta (born September 21, 1979), known professionally as Adam Barta, is an American actor and musician from Bronx, New York. He is known for his duets with reality stars and media personalities such as Alana Thompson (Honey Boo Boo) from Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, Margaret Cho, Nadya Suleman (Octomom), Tan Mom and Jonah Falcon.
Barta is also known for his collaborations with artists like Kathy Sledge (of Sister Sledge) and music videos featuring stars such Lisa Lampanelli; often landing him in the press on sites such as TMZ.
Barta started off his career doing off-Broadway theatre. One of his most noted roles was playing Tash in Befriending Beau, alongside Eric Millegan. He had also appeared in several television shows and films following his success from his role in Befriending Beau. In 1999, Barta appeared in the Comedy Central series, Strangers with Candy.
In 2012, he filmed scenes for his music video "Q&A" with "Celebrity Apprentice's" Lisa Lampanelli at the Night of a Thousand Gowns, in NYC, where he also was a headliner with her. He also filmed an unaired episode of the show NY Ink for TLC in December where he met Ro Bear, who co-starred with him in the "Q&A" music video as well.
Adam's first single, "I Wanna Hold You", was produced by Mike Rizzo and was picked up on Abercrombie & Fitch's official playlist  in stores throughout the country, EsNtion Records took notice and signed Adam to a record deal for which his first single was "Standing in the Rain", with DJ Russ Harris.
His music video hit the Number 1 spot on Logo's Click List in August, was one of the top 10 videos of 2007, he was named favorite Click List artist of 2007  and made #96 on AfterElton.com’s Hot 100 for 2008. His video was also picked up internationally on Canada’s Only Dance Channel, bpm:tv. The music video for "Standing in the Rain" premiered October 1, 2008 on Logo network's new mainstream dance/pop show "Pop Lab", hosted by Solange and Lady Gaga. Adam hosted the Spring Break episode of Pop Lab, on March 11.
The music video for "VIP" was filmed in December 2009 and contains cameos from The Real World: Hollywood's Nick Brown, Project Runway's Nicholas Putvinski, Michael Musto, Reina, and more. It premiered on Pop Lab on Logo on April 13, 2010, In the Summer of 2010, "Standing in the Rain" was added to the official selection of "fist pumping beats" from the Jersey Shore cast on New York's Z100. "VIP" was featured on the premiere of season 6 episode of The Bad Girls Club and also on The Real World: Las Vegas. In January 2011, he was featured on the show "Face to Face" with Ke$ha on the HERE! Network, although the two did not film together.
His next single was with Kathy Sledge (lead singer of Sister Sledge), a dance song produced by Mike Rizzo and Mr. Mig, called "Give Yourself Up (to the music)". It was released on June 14 on Ingrooves/Universal Dist. and Kathy Sledge made an appearance and performed on Oprah in April to promote it. In September, the song debuted on the Billboard club chart at #45*. The song broke Top 20 the week of October 22. In August, he filmed a music video starring reality celebrities Kim Granatell of the "Real Housewives of New Jersey", Miguel Allure from "Jerseylicious", Tonye 'Tone Tone' Albanese from "Cake Boss", Jack Mackenroth from "Project Runway", and Robin Kassner from "Millionaire Matchmaker". The video featured Kathy Sledge's daughter Kristin, which TMZ broke. In May 2012 he released the music video for his single "Q&A" featuring Lisa Lampanelli, Michael Musto, Ro Bear (from NY Ink), Hailey Glassman, Kerry Schwartz, Tone Tone (from Cake Boss), Harry Legg, JC Alvarez, Ryan Nikulas (from A-List NY on Logo).
Shortly after in June, he signed with Gina Rodriguez of DD Entertainment. It was then announced he would be heading into the recording studio for a new single with Nadya Suleman (Octomom), after she appeared in an alternate cut of the "Q&A" music video where she was heard saying "let's do a duet.. on my new album"!. He recorded with Nadya on June 20, at Audiomaxx Studios in Cherry Hill, NJ. The song was produced by Mr. Mig and Mike Rizzo. The duo then began popping up everywhere together doing press. Adam's song with Nadya Suleman (Octomom) was supposed to be called "Meet Me on the Dance Floor" and release in August on Global Groove Entertainment. Adam went on "TMZ Live" in July 2012 to promote the song and talk about what it was like to record with Octomom.
In August, TMZ released the controversial CD cover featuring Adam holding Octomom's breasts while she is wearing a rosary on a bed, surrounded by crosses. The pair claimed they were inspired by "Madonna". The new release date for the single was also announced as September 4, 2012 and the name was changed to "Sexy Party". The song received mix reviews, with critics slamming the overtly sexy lyrics and heavily autotuned effects on the song. In November, he released another song "I Need A Doctor", after Nadya went into rehab, claiming it was written for her. Rumors also began circulating that Adam was Octomom's new boyfriend.
In October, he engaged in a heated debate for the online website deeyoon.com with Angelina Pivarnick from "Jersey Shore" where he defended gay marriage. JWOWW came to his defense slamming Angelina, who later made a public apology. Then, in December, he released a single with Angelina called "Serendipity", which the pair said was to promote equality. The song was produced by Billboard producers The Majik Boys.
In Spring of 2013 he starred in three viral music videos. The music video for "Serendipity" was met with heavy criticism being called "the world's worst music video". He also starred in Tan Mom"s music video which was also called "the worst [music] video ever.". His music video with Jonah Falcon for their song "It's Too Big" was featured on VH1's "Best Week Ever". He appeared twice on the Howard Stern show, with both Tan Mom and Jonah, in which Howard declared he was "making a niche" for himself in entertainment. In Summer of 2013 he released a parody of the George Michael & Aretha Franklin duet "Knew You Were Waiting for Me", called "You Seemed Shady to Me" with Pandora Boxx from RuPaul's Drag Race, which hit #46 on the iTunes Comedy Charts. He also released a song with Tan Mom which he was featured on called "Life of the Party", which E! News called "bizzare". He then also released a song and music video with Myla Sinanaj called "I'm No Angel". He also released yet another controversial song with Sydney Leathers called "Weinerizer", which was centered around Leather's illicit sexting affair with NYC mayoral candidate, Anthony Weiner.
In January 2014 he released a song "Justified" with Toby Sheldon, dedicated to Justin Bieber. In February 2014, he release the single "See U Next Tuesday" with comedienne Margaret Cho. It hit the top 75 on the iTunes comedy singles chart. In February 2015 it was announced he was releasing a new song and music video called "Movin Up" with Alana Thompson (aka Honey Boo Boo) and her sister Pumpkin.
|This section does not cite any references (sources). (July 2015)|
|"Dirty Girls"||2005||Non album-singles|
|"I Wanna Hold You"||2006|
|"Standing in the Rain"||2008|
|"Give Yourself Up"||2011|
|"I Need A Doctor"|
|"It's Too Big"||2013|
|"You Seemed Shady to Me"|
|"Life of the Party"|
|"I'm No Angel"|
|"See U Next Tuesday"||2014|
- Michael Musto. "Lisa Lampanelli And I Cameo In New Music Video". Village Voice.
- "D-List Reality Stars Unite in Music Video". http://www.tmz.com.
- "Octomom Releasing Dance Song -- From Dropping Babies to Dropping Rhymes!". http://www.tmz.com.
- "Tanning Mom Becomes A Rapper". RumorFix.
- "Honey Boo Boo TV Show — Song To Be Released After Alana Called Obese – OK! Magazine". OK! Magazine.
- "CABARET HOTLINE BREAKING NEWS – New York Post Entertainment Guru Produces Charity Fall Theater Festival". svhamstra.com.
- "Q&A" - Adam Barta (Official music video: ALTERNATE "OCTOMOM" ENDING). YouTube. 30 May 2012.
- "Articles tagged with Adam Barta – A&F Playlists". anfplaylists.com.
- "I Wanna Hold You". logotv.com. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "logotv.com" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Home". bpmtv.com.
- "Adam Barta on NewNowNext PopLab". logotv.com.
- "Standing In the Rain". logoonline.com. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "www.logotv.com" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Oprah.com". Oprah.com.
- "Chart Beat". Billboard.
- "'Octomom' Nadya Suleman Mulling Career As Singer (VIDEO)". The Huffington Post.
- "Nadya Suleman; Pop Star?". Y100.
- "TMZ Live: Justin Bieber -- Too Fast, Too Young … Too Dangerous?". http://www.tmz.com.
- "Octomom -- The Topless Album Cover [PHOTO]". http://www.tmz.com.
- "The Sun". thesun.co.uk.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Octomom Extends Her Rehab Stint By 30 Days". RumorFix.
- "Octomom Releases Raunchy Sex Song". RumorFix.
- "WATCH Which Jersey Shore Cast Member Opposes Marriage Equality – Advocate.com". advocate.com.
- "'Jersey Shore' Reject Angelina Pivarnick FLIP FLOPS -- Gays SHOULD Marry!". http://www.tmz.com.
- "Angelina Pivarnick Makes Pathetic Argument Against Gay Marriage, JWoww Rips Her on Twitter". OK! Magazine.
- "'Jersey Shore' Star Angelina Pivarnick Teams With Gay Pop Artist Adam Barta For New Single". The Huffington Post.
- Rescue2. "Angelina Pivarnick Stars in World's Worst Music Video". The Hollywood Gossip.
- "Tanning Mom Music Video -- Quite Possibly the Worst Video Ever". http://www.tmz.com.
- ""It's The Penis Song" - Show Clip – VH1.com". vh1.com.
- HOWARD STERN: Tan Mom returns & gets hit on by Sal. YouTube. 28 May 2013.
- "Pandora Boxx & Adam Barta Premiere New Music Video "You Seemed Shady To Me"". NewNowNext.
- "Pandora Boxx, 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Star, Debuts 'You Seemed Shady To Me' Video With Adam Barta". The Huffington Post.
- "Tan Mom Patricia Krentcil's Life of the Party Video Will Haunt Your Dreams—Watch Now! - E! Online". E! Online.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Myla Sinanaj's Brand-New Music Video is a Welcome Departure From Last Night's VMA Horror". http://www.fishwrapper.com.
- "Adam Barta Wants To Sing A Song With Sydney Leathers, Every Other Pseudo-Celebrity". The Huffington Post.
- Alex Rees. "Justin Bieber Lookalike Releases Bieber-Themed Single". Cosmopolitan.
- "Margaret Cho and Adam Barta Record 'See You Next Tuesday' (VIDEO) – Huffington Post". The Huffington Post.