||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (March 2013)|
Adam Best (born 1983 in Donaghadee, County Down, Northern Ireland) is an Northern Irish actor who trained at the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama for 3 years. He attended Donaghadee Primary School and Bangor Grammar School and gained experience with the Ulster Youth Theatre and Drama School. Adam is second cousin of English adventurer, writer and television presenter Bear Grylls, both were first introduced to the screen as island mates on hit BBC'S reality show Castaway 2000.
He is probably most famous for his role as Matt Parker on the BBC One drama Holby City. He has also appeared in episodes of Silent Witness, The Bill and Waking the Dead as well as The Catherine Tate Show 2007 Christmas Special. In 2011, Best took part in an advertisement for Meteor. More recently Adam stared as celebrity guest on Ainsley Harriot's Ready Steady Cook alongside singer Pete Burns.
Best was in the play Truckstop with the Company of Angels touring and at the Hampstead Theatre.
Adam local pub is the Ramble Inn in Tooting
- Silent Witness (2004) as Young David Kelman
- Star Spell (2005) as Himself
- Holby City (2005–2007) as Matt Parker
- The Catherine Tate Show Christmas Special (2007) as Himself
- The Bill - (2009) as Conor Deegan
- Waking the Dead (2009) as Fr Quinn
- Cup Cake (2010) as PJ Johnson
- Blooded (2011) as Ben Fitzpatrick
- Meteor Advertisement (2011) as Himself
- John Walkers Blues
- The Caucasian Chalk Circle (1998) as Old Man
- The Wizard of Oz (2000) as Wizard
- Blackout (2003) as Danny.
- The Woman In Black (2012) As The Actor
- Public Enemy (2013) as Horster