|Full name||Adam Smith Blacklaw|
|Date of birth||2 September 1937|
|Place of birth||Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Scotland|
|Date of death||28 February 2010(aged 72)|
|Place of death||Barnoldswick, Lancashire, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Blacklaw joined the Burnley ground staff as a schoolboy apprentice in 1954, directly from Frederick Street School in Aberdeen, earning a professional contract in October of that year. He made his first-team debut on 22 December 1956 and spent over ten seasons with the Clarets. He took over as regular goalkeeper when Colin McDonald suffered a broken leg in March 1959. During his time at Burnley, Blacklaw earned a League championship medal in season 1959–60 and an FA Cup runners-up medal in 1962.
He joined Blackburn Rovers for £15,000 at the start of the 1967–68 season and stayed for three years before finishing his career with short spells at Blackpool in season 1970–71 and moving into the non-league game with Great Harwood in season 1971–72. He later had a spell as manager of Clitheroe.
Blacklaw represented Scotland at schoolboy level 3 times, at Under–23 level and also at full international level. He made his debut in a 4–3 defeat by Norway on 4 June 1963 and gained a further two caps. Scotland defeated Spain nine days later, on 13 June 1963 with a 6–2 victory in Madrid and Blacklaw's final appearance for Scotland was on 7 December 1965 in Naples, where they lost 3–0 to Italy. Blacklaw's first two international matches, against Norway and Spain respectively, were friendlies and his third and final cap against Italy was a FIFA World Cup qualifying match.
- Simpson, Ray (1996). The Clarets Collection 1946–1996. Burnley FC. p. 28. ISBN 0-9521799-0-3.
- "Adam Blacklaw". www.fitbastats.com. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- Burnley's title-winning goalkeeper Adam Blacklaw dies Guardian article
- Adam Blacklaw 1937 – 2010 Archived March 3, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. Burnley club website's extensive obituary, with photographs
- Lamming, Douglas (1987). A Scottish Soccer Internationalists Who’s Who, 1872-1986 (Hardback). Hutton Press. (ISBN 0-907033-47-4).
- Soccer Who's Who compiled by Maurice Golesworthy The Sportsmans Book Club 1965
- "Adam Blacklaw". Hugman's Footballers. Retrieved 14 May 2015.