|Birth name||Adam Blackstone|
|Born||December 4, 1982|
Trenton, New Jersey, United States
|Occupation(s)||Producer, songwriter, Musical Director, musician|
|Instruments||Bass, piano, keyboards, drums|
|Associated acts||Adam Levine, Janet Jackson, Dr. Dre, Jay-Z, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, The Roots, Questlove, Jill Scott|
Adam Blackstone (born December 4, 1982, in Trenton, NJ) is a multi-instrumentalist, songwriter, producer, and bassist. He is currently the musical director for Nicki Minaj and Justin Timberlake. Adam has also directed and played in performances with a star-studded list of clientele that includes Jay-Z, Kanye West, Eminem, Janet Jackson, Dr. Dre, The Jonas Brothers, The Roots, Ms.Marilyn Marshall, Al Green, The Isley Brothers, Angie Stone, Mike Posner, Steve Tirpak, Al Jarreau, Maroon 5, Demi Lovato, and Jill Scott.
Adam began his musical journey playing drums at the age of 4 at El Bethel church on Euclid Avenue in Trenton, NJ. With his father serving as the church organist, and his mother singing in the choir, Adam Blackstone has said he first fell in love with music at church. Though Adam had his sights set on being a drummer, Adam began playing bass in the 3rd grade after his music teacher suggested Adam try it out. Adam then started playing upright bass in the 9th grade, in order to join his Willingboro high school jazz band. Adam Blackstone later on earned a full scholarship to the University of the Arts in Philadelphia thanks to his musical abilities. It was there that Adam studied contemporary Jazz and really honed in and perfected his bass playing and arranging skills.
Adam Blackstone began his career as a session musician in the Philadelphia. After becoming widely known in the area for his round, distinct tone, Adam caught the attention of drummer and producer Questlove of the well known Hip hop / Soul group, The Roots. His first big live show was at age 21 with Jay Z on his Fade to Black show at Madison Square Garden in November 2003. This show, along with Dave Chappelle's Block Party, were both filmed and made into popular documentaries that sold extremely well, and helped put Blackstone on the map. As Adam progressed, Adam became more well known among artists and labels for his tenacity, leadership skills, and hard work. Adam has since worked with and for several other A-list artists, providing all Adam can to not only meet, but exceed his clients standards.
In 2014, Adam Blackstone was recruited by Eminem for his comeback show after a 3-year hiatus at the famed Austin City Limits Music Festival. More recently Adam works with Justin Timberlake as a member and music coordinator of his band formerly known as the Tennessee Kids.
Alongside working with several A-list artists at one time, Adam also runs his own production company with his wife Kaisha, entitled BBE (BASSic Black Entertainment), which features several up and coming pop and R&B acts. Founded in 2008, it thrives mostly as a live music staffing service for these artists. Kaisha Blackstone is the current CFO, while Adam runs the more creative side of the organization.
- "TV Guide". TV Guide.
- "Adam Blackstone Coachella". Adam Blackstone Coachella.
- "Adam Blackstone Magic Man". Recording Artists & Performances. Archived from the original on January 16, 2014. Retrieved January 15, 2014.
- "Bassist Adam Blackstone shares insights on the music business". For Bass Players Only (in American English). Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "Adam Blackstone University of the Arts to National Acts". Performances.[permanent dead link]
- "NBC announces Advisors". Adam Blackstone announced advisor on The Voice. Archived from the original on May 2, 2011.
- "Justin Timberlake". Justin Timberlake. Archived from the original on November 14, 2015. Retrieved December 10, 2015.
- "BASSIC BLACK ENTERTAINMENT Trademark of Blackstone, Adam – Registration Number 4767250 – Serial Number 86300836 :: Justia Trademarks". trademarks.justia.com. Retrieved December 10, 2015.