Adam Bomb (musician)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Adam Brenner|
|Born||1963 (age 53–54)|
|Origin||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
|Associated acts||Tyrant (cover band), TKO, Michael Monroe, Hanoi Rocks, Kiss, Steeler, Metallica|
In 1979, when Adam Bomb was 16 years old, he and Geoff Tate started a cover band called Tyrant. Later he joined the band TKO, with whom he recorded the album In Your Face. In 1980, Bomb auditioned for Kiss. He flew to Los Angeles and played three songs with them, but was not invited to join the band. Instead, he moved to Hollywood and shared an apartment with Jeffrey Isbelle, better known as Izzy Stradlin. Bomb quickly became friends with Tommy Thayer, a neighbor and guitarist for the rock band Black N' Blue (now guitarist in KISS), who suggested Adam should do his own project and call it Adam Bomb. Tommy Thayer's band "Movie Star" opened for TKO at The Showbox in 1981. In 1983, Adam recorded his first demos with producer Rick Keefer. He also played two gigs with Steeler as a replacement for Yngwie Malmsteen. One year later, Adam recorded more songs with the aid of drummer Chuck Ruff of Montrose and bassist Cliff Williams of AC/DC and finalized his first album, Fatal Attraction.
The Adam Bomb Band
In 1984, Bomb signed a long-term management deal with Leber Krebs and moved to New York to start a band with former Billy Idol drummer Gregg Gerson, Billy Idol/Riot bassist Phil Feit, and Aerosmith guitarist Jimmy Crespo. Later, the band moved to Los Angeles and played openings for bands like Armored Saint and Metallica.
In the following years, Adam Bomb performed as both a band and solo act with a variety of bands and people worldwide, some of whom were Chuck Berry, Johnny Thunders and Billy Idol guitarist Steve Stevens, and recorded several albums. One night in 1990, he jammed with Mick Taylor on Brown Sugar. On another night in 1993 when Adam was playing at The Loft, Axl Rose walked in and started singing with Adam. Axl explained that he and Izzy had seen him play at the TKO gig in 1983 at the Troubadour in Hollywood and were going to ask him to join the band they were starting, but were afraid Adam would have turned them down.
In December 2011, Adam Bomb, bassist Paul Del Bello, and drummer Violet Cannibal started recording on a triple CD entitled Rock On, Rock Hard, Rock Animal. The album features 2 discs with covers of some of the greatest Rock n' Roll hits, as well as one disc of original material. In 2014 Adam recorded Affection written by Little Steven. Adam Bomb stopped touring to care for his 16-year-old daughter, raising her as single parent after losing his wife Claire O'Connor to cancer in 2011, a New York publicist who ran The Limelight nightclub in New York City. After extreme legal problems stemming from his late wife's passing, Adam continued touring with various musician lineups still maintaining over 200 shows a year. Adam briefly remarried to a fashion model named Georgina Smith, whom he met a party in New York. They got married on July 4, 2013 and divorced in 2014. Adam continued touring and settled in Amsterdam Holland for most 2015/2016. Adam did a reunion show with Paul Del Bello in May 2016 at White Trash in Berlin, Germany. In July 2016 he recorded a single called The Only Love You When Your Dead with drummer Bobby Reynolds, keyboardist Alan St Jon, Saxophonist Arno Hecht, and Phil Feit on bass guitar. Adam plans to return to the road in 2018 after his daughter Blaise graduates high school. Adam resides between his country house in Lake Ariel Pennsylvania, and Las Vegas, Nevada. Adam currently works for the Tradiio Company, a subscription service for musicians and is their top earning artist.
Horus Music wrote the following on Bomb;
"Showman and entertainer who lives for the music and the pleasure derived from his interaction with the audience, no matter who, where or how many. Every chord is played as if it’s his last on earth... It’s rock ‘n’ roll stripped to the bare essentials. Adam owns the guitar and is the definition of “live performance."
- Adam Bomb – Vocals, guitar (1981–present)
- Paul Del Bello – Bass guitar, (2006–2012, 2014-present)
- F*cker Flawless – Drums (2009, 2010, 2013 – present)
- Jimmy Crespo – Guitar (1984–1985) (Aerosmith, Billy Squier), (Rod Stewart,
- Stevie Klasson – Guitar (1988–1989) (Johnny Thunders)
- Kurtis Schefter – Guitar (1988)(Allanah Myles)
- Alan St. John – Keyboards (1996–1998) (Alice Cooper, Billy Squier, Foreigner
- Phil Feit - Bass (1984-1987, 1990-1992, 1995) (Riot (band), Billy Idol, Joan Jett)
- Kenny Aaronson – Bass (1996–1998) (Dust, Rick Derringer, Billy Idol, Joan Jett)
- Steve Stevens – Guitar (1989-1990-) (Billy Idol, Atomic Playboys, Vince Neil)
- Danny Steiner – Drums (1990–) (Album Drummer)
- Bobby Chouinard – Drums (1987–1997) (Billy Squier, Alice Cooper, Gary Moore)
- Carlos Gutierrez – Drums/Vocals (1988) (Ketch, LIPZ)
- Sandy Slavin – Drums (1985–1991) (Riot (band), Ace Frehley)
- Gregg Gerson – Drums (1984–1985, 1986–1987) (Billy Idol, Mayday, Sven Gali)
- Amy Madden – Bass (1987–1990) (Jon Paris)
- Jeff Consi – Drums (1999–2000) (Nuno Bettencourt)
- Dennis Marcotte aka KK McKay – Bass ( 1999–2002 )
- Thommy Price – Drums (Atomic Playboys, Billy Idol, Joan Jett)
- Kiki Tornado – Drums (2003–2004) (Sex Museum) and 2006 tour
- Gorka Alegre – Bass (2000–2006) (Baron Rojo) (Different tours from 2000 to 2006)
- Luigi Pellegrino – Drums (Armed Venus)(Tour 2006)
- Marco "DaVinci" Chiocchetti – Drums, (2007–2008) (Motorcity Brags, The Beat Holes)
- Craig "Wookie" McGhee – Drums, (2008–2009)
- Bobby "Mad Dog" Reynolds – Drums, (2003, 2006.2007 2009 2012, 2013 )
- Folkert Beukers – Drums, (2009–2010, 2014 to present)
- Paul Del Bello – Bass guitar, (2006–2012, 2014) (Steven Adler, Dobermann)
- Kamel Gadelfi aka Max Nroll – Bass guitar (2012–2013)
- Violet Cannibal – Drums, (2010–2012)(2016) Vice Squad The Femones, Joan ov Arc, Uniting the Elements, The Kut, The Red Paintings
- Yoann Blond – Drums, (2012) (Fells Division)
- 1984 – Fatal Attraction
- 1989 – Pure S.E.X.
- 1993 – Grave New World
- 1999 – Get Animal
- 2000 – Get Animal 2
- 2001 – New York Times
- 2003 – Third World Roar
- 2004 – Acoustica
- 2005 – Rock Like Fuck
- 2009 – Crazy Motherfucker
- 2012 – Rock On, Rock Hard, Rock Animal
- 2004 – Bone Yard
- 1981 – In Your Face
With Black 'N Blue
- 1985 – Without Love
With Steel Pulse
- 1988 – State of Emergency
With John Paul Jones
- 2003 – The Thunderthief
With Michael Monroe
- Sharpe-Young, Garry. "Adam Bomb". MusicMight. Archived from the original on 5 January 2010. Retrieved 22 January 2010.
- "Adam Bomb". Horus Music. Retrieved 22 January 2010.
If rock guitar were a martial art then Adam Bomb is the Bruce Lee of rock ‘n’ roll.