|Alma mater||Sharon High School|
|Known for||Siri, CALO|
Genetic Finance/Sentient Technologies
Early life and education
Cheyer attended Sharon High School, in Sharon, Massachusetts. After graduating in 1984, Cheyer earned a bachelor's degree in computer science from Brandeis University in 1988, and a master's degree in computer science and artificial intelligence from UCLA in 1993.
Prior to Siri, he was a computer scientist and project director in SRI International's Artificial Intelligence Center, where he was the Chief Architect on the CALO project. Cheyer was also a member of the founding team at Change.org and a founder of Sentient Technologies (formerly Genetic Finance).
- Cheyer, Adam & Martin, David (January 1999). "The Open Agent Architecture: A framework for building distributed software systems". Applied Artificial Intelligence. 13 (1–2).
- Cheyer, Adam (1998). "Multimodal Maps: An Agent-based Approach". In Bunt; Beun; Borghuis (eds.). Multimodal Human-Computer Communication, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence #1374. Springer. pp. 111–121.
- Cheyer, Adam (2005-11-06). "IRIS: Integrate. Relate. Infer. Share". 1st Workshop on the Semantic Desktop at the International Semantic Web Conference. Galway, Ireland: International Semantic Web Conference.
- Cheyer, Adam (June 2006). "A Collaborative Programming Environment for Web Interoperability". 1st Workshop on Semantic Wikis. Budva, Montenegro.
- Cheyer, Adam (2003-12-15). "Evolution of the Laws that Deal with the Utilization of Information Networks". 2003 BISC FLINT-CIBI International Joint Workshop on Soft Computing for Internet and BioInformatics. University of California, Berkeley.
- "Apple Said to Lose Cheyer, Co-Creator of Siri Voice Unit". Bloomberg. 2012-09-11. Retrieved 2012-09-11.
- Stodola, Barbara (2011-11-22). "A Michigan City success story: Former resident Dag Kittlaus, an Elston grad, creates Siri for Apple". The News-Dispatch. Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- Boran, Marie (2011-11-16). "iRobot". The Irish Times. Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- "About". Adam Cheyer. Retrieved 2013-05-18.
- Sharon High School (Sharon, Mass ) (1984). The Marsengold. Sharon High School. Sharon High School.
- "Adam Cheyer". SRI International Artificial Intelligence Center. Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- Veneziani, Vince (2007-02-07). "Social Networking For Change(.org)". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2011-12-10.
- "Sentient Team". Sentient Technologies, LLC.
- Gage, Deborah (2014-11-24). "Artificial Intelligence Company Sentient Emerges From Stealth". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- "Apple Said to Lose Cheyer, Co-Creator of Siri Voice Unit". TechPanda. 2012-09-12. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- Smith, Chris (2017-06-08). "The inside story of how Apple's Siri lost the lead". Boy Genius Report. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- Panzarino, Matthew (2016-10-05). "Samsung acquires Viv, a next-gen AI assistant built by the creators of Apple's Siri". Retrieved 2017-07-04.