||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
8 March 1974 |
Bletchley, Milton Keynes, England
|Instruments||Drums, Guitar, Keyboard, Vocals|
Roses Kings Castles
Adam Steven Ficek (born 8 March 1974) is an English musician who performs under the 'Roses Kings Castles' name, and was a songwriter and member of Babyshambles.
Ficek joined the Babyshambles in 2005 with former The White Sport band mate Patrick Walden. Prior to 2005 Ficek had recorded with the Mains Ignition, The White Sport and has also recorded two jazz albums.
Roses Kings Castles
Adam Ficek's side project - Roses Kings Castles (RKC) - began as a platform to build ideas while on tour with Babyshambles.
It was initially set up as a formal creative feed for Babyshambles and as a platform on which to build and air his own musical ideas. "It's an outlet for putting stuff out, just demos that I've been working on", states Ficek.
After releasing songs on the internet via his Myspace, Ficek released his first single "Sparkling Bootz" in April 2008. His debut album Roses Kings Castles, was released on the 22 September 2008.
Ficek charts the highs and the lows of self-releasing his album through the medium of his blog, where he gives an insight into the music industry.
The first RKC tour took place in January 2009 in 19 venues across the United Kingdom with a European tour soon after.
January 2009 saw the release of a limited edition cassette featuring new demos which were later rerecorded for Suburban Timebomb.
In August 2009, Roses Kings Castles released the EP Apples and Engines.
The second full length Roses Kings Castles album Suburban Time Bomb was released in December 2010. The release was backed by a full band tour of the UK, Europe and South East Asia.
In 2011 Roses Kings Castles became RKC and released a free single "Here comes the summer". On 31 October RKC released the album "British Plastic." It contained 11 tracks (all written by Ficek). Ficek played all instruments except for guitar which was played by ex-White Sport and Ex Babyshambles member Patrick Walden.
- Mains Ignition – Turn on (Tummy Touch) – 2002
- The White Sport – Songs the Postman can whistle (High Society) – 2004
- Babyshambles – Down in Albion (rough trade) 2005
- Babyshambles – The Blinding (EMI) – 2006
- Babyshambles – Shotters Nation (EMI) – 2007
- Peter Doherty – Grace Wasteland (EMI) – 2008
- Roses Kings Castles – Roses Kings Castles (The Sycamore club) – 2008
- Roses Kings Castles – Ltd edition cassette EP – 2009
- Roses Kings Castles – Apples & Engines EP – 2009
- Roses Kings Castles – Suburban Time Bomb – 2010
- RKC – British Plastic – 2011
'EP 1' 2017
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Adam Ficek
- Ficek Blog
- Official RKC website[permanent dead link]
- Flickr: Ficekblog's Photostream
- Video interview and acoustic session on music.virgin.com
- Mains Ignition
- Audio interview with Adam Ficek on Roses Kings Castles
- Adams official forum
- Adam Ficek Interview
- 22 July 2010 interview with Adam Ficek by Richard Melville