This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Representing Great Britain|
Adam Freeman-Pask (born 19 June 1985) is a British International rower, World Bronze medalist, European Silver medalist and London 2012 Olympian.
Born in Berkshire he went to The Windsor Boys' School before studying Natural Science at University of Bath and graduating in 2006. He then completed a Masters in Environmental Engineering and then a second Masters in Science Communication, both at Imperial College London.
International rowing career
Adam won his first International senior vest in 2008 at the World Rowing Championships in Linz, where he raced the Lightweight Men's Single Scull. He raced the same boat class the following season winning Bronze medals through the World Cup season but had unfortunate boat damage at the 2009 World Championships in Poznan, finishing 8th overall. Competing in both sweep and sculling disciplines Adam found top form in the 2011–2012 season setting a new record in the Wingfield Sculls knocking 17 seconds of the previous record time set by Peter Haining. Following on Adam won the Scullers head, British Senior Trials, and all three World Cups in different disciplines before obtaining selection for Team GB at the London 2012 Games. While competing for Great Britain Adam has also won Bronze at the 2013 World Rowing Championships in Chungju, South Korea and Silver Medal at the 2012 European Rowing Championships in Varese, Italy.
- 2014 Amsterdam – DNS
- 2013 Chungju – Bronze, Lightweight Four (Bow)
- 2011 Bled – 6th, Lightweight Single
- 2010 Karapiro – 6th, Coxless Pair (Bow)
- 2009 Poznań – 8th, Lightweight Single
- 2008 Linz – 13th, Lightweight Single
- 2014 Belgrade 5th, Lightweight Single
- 2012 Varese Silver, Lightweight Four (Two)
- 2007 Poznan 7th, Double Scull (Bow)
- 2013 Eton Dorney – Bronze, Lightweight Four (Bow)
- 2013 Sydney – Gold, Lightweight Double Scull (Bow)
- 2012 Munich – Gold, Lightweight Coxless Pair (Stroke)
- 2012 Lucerne – Gold, Lightweight Single Scull
- 2012 Belgrade – Gold, Lightweight Coxless Pair (Stroke)
- 2010 Bled – Bronze, Lightweight Coxless Pair (Bow)
- 2009 Munich – Bronze, Lightweight Single Scull
- 2009 Banyoles – Bronze, Lightweight Single Scull
World under 23 Championships
GB Rowing Senior Trials
- 2013 – 2nd, Lightweight Single
- 2012 – 1st, Lightweight Single
- 2013 – 3rd, Lightweight Single
- "Wingfield Records". Wingfieldsculls.com. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- Quarrell, Rachel (11 March 2012). "Kat Copeland and Adam Freeman-Pask step up to give coach Paul Thompson much to consider". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- [dead link]
- Association, Press (4 July 2012). "London 2012 Olympics: Constantine Louloudis completes GB rowing squad". Theguardian.com. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- [dead link]