October 3, 1996|
Taunton, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||185 lb (84 kg; 13 st 3 lb)|
|NHL team||Vancouver Canucks|
149th overall, 2015|
Adam Gaudette (born October 3, 1996) is an American professional ice hockey player currently playing for the Vancouver Canucks of the National Hockey League (NHL). He previously played with the Northeastern University Huskies of the NCAA, where he won the Hobey Baker Award, Hockey East Player of the Year, and was named to the AHCA East First-Team All-American.
The Vancouver Canucks drafted Gaudette 149th overall in the fifth round of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft after acquiring the pick from the New York Rangers in exchange for Raphael Diaz. Despite being drafted, Gaudette agreed to play for Northeastern University, as he committed to do in 2014.
Two years after being drafted in the fifth round, he was called a "first-rate prospect," ranking first in NCAA power-play goals with 14 and third in points after 31 games and in the top 10 nationally. Pierre McGuire described him as, "the steal of the 2015 draft."
During the 2017–18 season Gaudette recorded career highs in goals and assists while leading the Huskies to their first Beanpot championship in 30 years. During the 66th Beanpot Final, Gaudette recorded a hat trick to help Northeastern beat Boston University 5–2. He earned the Most Outstanding Player for his efforts. Gaudette signed an entry level contract with the Canucks on March 26, 2018, after he finished the 2017–18 season first in the NCAA with 60 points. At the end of the season, Gaudette won Hockey East Player of the Year and was awarded the Hockey East Scoring Champion title. He was also named to the First All-Star Team. On April 6, 2018, Gaudette was announced as the Hobey Baker Award winner. He was also named a AHCA East First-Team All-American along with teammates Dylan Sikura and Jeremy Davies.
After attending Canucks training camp prior to the 2018–19 season, Gaudette was reassigned to their American Hockey League affiliate, the Utica Comets. However, his stint in the AHL did not last long as he was called up to the NHL on October 15 after playing in four games for the Comets, where he tallied two goals and two assists. On October 25, he earned his first career NHL point, assisting on a Darren Archibald goal, the only Canucks goal scored in a 4–1 loss at the Arizona Coyotes. He scored his first NHL goal on November 24, scoring the first Canucks goal in a 4–2 victory at the Los Angeles Kings.
|2014–15||Cedar Rapids RoughRiders||USHL||50||13||17||30||55||3||0||0||0||4|
Awards and honors
|Hockey East Player of the Year||2018|||
|Hockey East Scoring champion||2018|
|Hockey East First All-Star team||2018|
|Hobey Baker Award||2018|||
|AHCA East First-Team All-American||2018|||
- Johnson, John. "Braintree's Adam Gaudette a spark for surging Northeastern hockey team". The Boston Globe. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Cox, Jeff. "Thayer Academy's Adam Gaudette commits to Northeastern". SB Nation College Hockey. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Giuriato, Tyson (January 3, 2017). "December prospects report". NHL. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Staff, NHL. "Rangers pick up defenseman Diaz from Canucks". NHL. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Wagner, Daniel. "The Prospector: Adam Gaudette dominating in 2016". Vancouver Courier. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Kuzma, Ben. "Ben Kuzma: Gaudette's rapid NCAA scoring rise has Canucks mapping pro plan". The Province. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Blinn, Michael. "Offensive outburst putting Northeastern's Zach Aston-Reese into the spotlight". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Sekeres, Matt. "Pierre McGuire: Boeser ready to step in, Gaudette steal of 2015 draft". TSN. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- "Canucks prospect Gaudette scores hat trick in Beanpot championship game". sportsnet.ca. February 12, 2018. Retrieved December 15, 2018.
- "Canucks sign Adam Gaudette". NHL.com. March 26, 2018. Retrieved March 26, 2018.
- "ADAM GAUDETTE NAMED HOCKEY EAST PLAYER OF THE YEAR". gonu.com. March 15, 2018. Retrieved March 26, 2018.
- Hermann, Adam (April 6, 2018). "College hockey: Northeastern junior Adam Gaudette wins 2018 Hobey Baker Memorial Award". ncaa.com. Retrieved April 6, 2018.
- "Gaudette, Sikura, Davies give Northeastern three 2017-18 first-team All-Americans". uscho.com. April 6, 2018. Retrieved April 7, 2018.
- Woodley, Kevin (March 29, 2018). "Oilers at Canucks preview". NHL.com. Retrieved April 9, 2018.
- "Canucks reduce pre-season roster". NHL.com. September 27, 2018. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- "CANUCKS RECALL FORWARD ADAM GAUDETTE". uticacomets.com. October 15, 2018. Retrieved November 15, 2018.
- "Keller, Coyotes pull away from Canucks". NHL.com. October 25, 2018. Retrieved November 25, 2018.
- "Canucks defeat Kings to end eight-game losing streak". NHL.com. November 24, 2018. Retrieved November 25, 2018.
- Lawson, Matt (March 9, 2018). "Canucks Adam Gaudette Continues to Dominate NCAA". thehockeynews.com. Retrieved March 29, 2018.
Gaudette says that he models his game after Jonathan Toews and Patrice Bergeron.
- Kuzma, Ben (March 28, 2018). "Canucks Post Game: The Biega picture, the Sedins' future, the Sutter show, the Gaudette files". The Province. Retrieved March 29, 2018.
- Beichler, Janik. "Canucks News: Future Plans for Brock Boeser, Adam Gaudette". The Canuck Way. Retrieved March 11, 2017.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
| Hockey East Player of the Year
| Hockey East Three-Stars Award
| Hockey East Scoring Champion
| NCAA Ice Hockey Scoring Champion
| Hobey Baker Award