Hayward with the Washington Redskins in 2014
June 23, 1984 |
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||246 lb (112 kg)|
|High school:||Huntington Beach (CA) Marina|
|NFL Draft:||2007 / Round: 6 / Pick: 184|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Adam Hayward (born June 23, 1984) is an American football linebacker that is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the sixth round of the 2007 NFL Draft. He played college football at Portland State.
A linebacker at Marina High School, Adam was unnerved by the idea of playing the position of Safety for Colorado State University, He took a year off from football at Colorado to take care of some family issues. Eventually, he found his place starting as an outside linebacker for Portland State University under Tim Walsh.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
On March 10, 2014, Hayward signed a three-year deal with the Washington Redskins. He was placed on injured reserve due to a tibial plateau fracture in his right leg on November 24. He suffered the fracture after jumping to catch the ball during a punt in the Week 12 game against the San Francisco 49ers.
Hayward was released on July 22, 2016.
- Hopkins, Pz, Where There's a Will, There's a Way: An Interview with Adam Hayward, archived from the original on 2011-03-14
- Jones, Mike (March 11, 2014). "Redskins add ILB/special teams standout Adam Hayward". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2014-03-11.
- Jones, Mike (November 24, 2014). "Redskins place Adam Hayward on IR, promote Steve Beauharnais". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2014-12-02.
- Keim, John (August 21, 2015). "Redskins LB Adam Hayward tears ACL, done for the season". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2015-08-21.
- Clarke, Liz (August 22, 2015). "Redskins place Hayward on injured reserve, freeing up roster spot". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2015-08-23.
- Czarda, Stephen (July 22, 2016). "Redskins Release Linebacker Adam Hayward". Redskins.com. Retrieved July 22, 2016.