January 19, 1984|
Thornhill, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 5 in (196 cm)|
|Weight||225 lb (102 kg; 16 st 1 lb)|
60th overall, 2002|
Tampa Bay Lightning
Henrich was drafted as the 60th overall selection in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft by the Tampa Bay Lightning. He was Tampa Bay's first selection of the draft. Henrich has also played for the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, Springfield Falcons and Norfolk Admirals. Overall, he has played on 13 teams in 7 leagues in his hockey career.
Henrich was drafted in the first round, seventh overall by the Brampton Battalion in the 2000 OHL Priority Selection. Henrich subsequently enjoyed a successful junior career playing four seasons for the Battalion. He tied four Battalion playoff records, including most games played (32) and most power-play goals (4) in a career. His 98 career Battalion goals rank fifth all time behind only Wojtek Wolski, Cody Hodgson, Raffi Torres and Luke Lynes.
Ahead of the 2002 NHL Entry Draft, Henrich was ranked 23rd by NHL Central Scouting. As a result, he was among a group of top prospects invited to the NHL Draft Combine. At the Draft on June 22, Henrich was selected in the second round, 60th overall by the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Henrich comes from a family of athletes. Older brother Michael Henrich, drafted 13th overall by the Edmonton Oilers in the 1998 NHL Entry Draft, is currently playing in the Italian Serie A for HC Asiago while simultaneously completing his undergraduate degree with York University.
- "Adam Henrich"
- "Adam Henrich" - Eliteprospects.com
- Maccabi Team Canada
- "Peres hosts Maccabiah's Olympian athletes" | The Times of Israel
- Kalchman, Lois (June 1, 2002). "Local stars ready for NHL draft". Toronto Star. Toronto, ON. p. D5.
- "2000 Priority Selection". Ontario Hockey League. Retrieved December 14, 2017.
- Campbell, Ken; Rubin, Josh (June 23, 2002). "Leaf fan surprised to be T.O. draft pick ; NHL teams select five GTA players in first two rounds". Toronto Star. Toronto, ON. p. E4.
- "Professional Hockey Review: 2010–11; European Hockey League". Jewish Sports Review. 8 (87): 8–9. September–October 2011.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
- HF's Interview with Brampton's Adam Henrich
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey winger born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|