This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Alma mater||University of Michigan|
|Known for||Screenwriter, producer|
Herz was born in New York City and raised in East Grand Rapids, Michigan. He is the older of two boys, and his father, David, is a brain surgeon in Grand Rapids, Michigan. It was with his mother's (Myrna) Super 8 camera that he made his first movies while a teen. Herz graduated from East Grand Rapids High School (see also East Grand Rapids Public Schools). He moved to Los Angeles after graduation from the University of Michigan in 1996. He held a number of production assistant jobs while working on writing spec scripts.
His first screenplay, originally titled East Great Falls High, was written over a winter ski vacation in 1998. It was based on his high school years in East Grand Rapids, Michigan. It sold for a reported $650,000 in 1999 and became the film American Pie.
Herz created and runs the Emerging Writers Program, a series of classes that help upcoming screenwriters break into the business.
- American Pie (1999) - Writer, Co-Producer
- Go Fish (2001) - Writer, Executive Producer
- American Pie 2 (2001) - Writer, Executive Producer, Actor (as Younger Business Suit)
- American Wedding (2003) - Writer, Producer
- My Best Friend's Girl (2008) - Producer
- American Reunion (2012) - Producer, Characters
- Wonder Park (2019) - Producer
|This biographical article related to cinema of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|