Adam Hills Tonight
|Adam Hills Tonight|
|Also known as||Adam Hills in Gordon Street Tonight|
|Presented by||Adam Hills|
|Country of origin||Australia|
|No. of series||3|
|No. of episodes||36 (list of episodes)|
|Production locations||Gordon Street, Elsternwick, Melbourne, Australia|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original release||9 February 2011 –|
31 July 2013
Adam Hills Tonight, formerly known as Adam Hills in Gordon Street Tonight, is a comedic Australian television interview show that ran from February 2011 to July 2013 on ABC1. It was hosted by comedian Adam Hills and co-starred Hannah Gadsby and Dave O'Neil. The show featured celebrity guests, comedy, and live music.
History and production
The first series went to air as Adam Hills in Gordon Street Tonight from 9 February 2011. The series was co-written by Hills, Gadsby, Michael Chamberlin, Stephen Hall, Justin Kennedy and others.
The program was filmed at ABC TV's Melbourne studios in Gordon Street, Elsternwick and involved significant audience participation based on a questionnaire that audience members filled in prior to the show, focusing on unusual traits, habits or belongings of audience members. These have included membership in "The Church of the Latter Day Geek" and "Mousey", the bedtime companion of an adult audience member. Popular audience members were invited to return; for example Mousey's adventures became an ongoing theme in the first series, culminating in a hit single about the toy released on iTunes by Hills.
The second series premiered on 8 February 2012.
The title of the show in the third series, which ran from 15 May 2013, was changed to Adam Hills Tonight, with the Gordon St set being removed from the studio. The removal of the Gordon St theme was only explained satirically during an ABC advertisement for the show, in which Adam Hills was told that the set was too high and was removed, instead of simply making it lower.
On 28 November 2013, Adam Hills announced that the show was ending as he feared "running out of funny" and that trying to combine careers in Australia and the UK at the same time was proving to be impractical.
|Season||Episodes||Originally aired||DVD release dates|
|Season premiere||Season finale||Region 1||Region 2||Region 4|
|1||12||9 February 2011||27 April 2011||—||—||18 August 2011|
|2||12||8 February 2012||25 April 2012||—||—||—|
|3||12||15 May 2013||31 July 2013||—||—||—|
- Knox, David (15 January 2011). "Airdate: Adam Hills in Gordon Street Tonight". TV Tonight. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
- Adam Hills Tonight at IMDb
- Knox, David (6 April 2011). "Gordon St Tonight: behind the scenes". TV Tonight. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
- Vickery, Colin (10 February 2011). "Impressive debut for Adam Hills in Gordon Street Tonight". Herald Sun. Archived from the original on 30 December 2012. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
- Coster, Alice; McMahon, Kate (26 April 2011). "Adam Hills' mate Mousey storms charts". Herald Sun. Archived from the original on 3 September 2012. Retrieved 28 April 2011.
- Knox, David (25 January 2012). "Adam Hills in Gordon St Tonight: Feb 8". TV Tonight. Retrieved 25 January 2012.
- Staff writer (28 November 2013). "Adam Hills calls it quits from ABC series Adam Hills Tonight". The Age. Australian Associated Press. Retrieved 28 November 2013.
- "Adam Hills In Gordon St Tonight – Season 1 DVD". ABC Store. Archived from the original on 14 February 2012. Retrieved 16 December 2011.