Adam Hughes (footballer)
Hughes warming up for Adelaide United in 2010
|Full name||Adam Michael Hughes|
|Date of birth||14 July 1982|
|Place of birth||Lismore, Australia|
|Height||1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2001–2003||Newcastle United SC||10||(1)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 24:00, 1 June 2018 (UTC)|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 17:30, 29 October 2010 (UTC)
Adam Hughes (born 14 July 1982) is an Australian footballer.
UK and Ireland
After the collapse of the National Soccer League (NSL) Hughes had a 2-year spell with English club Doncaster Rovers but never found his feet and left the club in 2006. While with Drogheda United he played and scored against Dynamo Kiev in the Champions League qualifiers in 2008 .
Return to Australia
On 3 March 2009, he was signed by Adelaide United on a two-year deal. He previously played for Drogheda United, Sligo Rovers (IRE), Doncaster Rovers (ENG), Newcastle Jets, Wollongong Wolves in the Australian National Soccer League.
A-League career statistics
(Correct as of 1 June 2018)
- League of Ireland F.A.I Team of the Year: 2007
- Wollongong Wolves Player of the Year: 2004/05
- Balgownie Rangers Player of the Year: 2004
- Illawarra Premier League Player of the Year: 2004
- Adelaide United Best Team Man: 2010–11
|This biographical article related to a soccer midfielder from Australia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|