|Born||5 June 1989(age 30)|
|Known for||CEO Kamani Property Group and KM Capital, Co-founder PrettyLittleThing|
|Relatives||Umar Kamani (brother)|
Kamani's grandfather Abdullah Kamani left Kenya in the 1960s and moved to the UK with his wife and four children. He created Boohoo, a fashion business in 2006 which became the foundation for Adam's interest in the business world.
Kamani started his career by working for Boohoo in 2006. In 2012, Kamani and his brother, Umar, launched a firm known as Pretty Little Thing with focus on the fashion accessories market. The fashion business attracted the likes of Kylie Jenner, Miley Cyrus, Rita Ora, Nicki Minaj and other celebrities. Pretty Little Thing was later purchased by Boohoo in December 2016.
Kamani also founded Kamani Property Group in New York with focus on the property market there. He became the CEO of the company in 2016. In 2017, Kamani founded KM Capital, a funding platform that aims to support young, dynamic businesses with a key focus on tech start-ups.
On 19 April 2018 Kamani was named Young Property Professional Of The Year at the North-West Business Insiders Young Professionals Awards with the Manchester based panel of judges saying he was ‘the person most likely to really change the city.
In 2018, Kamani ran a social media competition to give away a £20,000 home makeover which had more than 2,000 entries. The prize was won by a man who was forced to live in a bungalow after he had had an operation to remove a tumour from his spine.
- Hill, Megan (10 July 2017). "Meet the Boohoo billionaires who turned a market stall into a $4.4 billion fashion empire". news.com.au. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- Partington, Samantha (24 May 2018). "Kamani fashions new Manchester resi trend". propertyweek.com. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- Wyat, Lucy RoueTim (6 May 2018). "Immigrants from Kenya to billionaire businessmen in two generations: the Manchester family behind Boohoo empire open up". mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- Roue, Lucy. "The rags to riches story of Manchester's billionaire Boohoo family". manchestereveningnews.co.uk. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- "Businessman is plotting next stage of family empire". thebusinessdesk.com. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- Wood, Zoe (14 December 2016). "Boohoo spends £3.3m on cofounder's sons' company". theguardian.com. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- "Boohoo determined not to be another fashion sob story". theguardian.com. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- "EMPIRE OF THE SON". insidermedia.com. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- "NORTH WEST'S YOUNG TALENT CELEBRATED AT INSIDER AWARDS". insidermedia.com. 20 April 2018. Retrieved 25 January 2019.
- Fitzpatrick, Katie (9 October 2018). "Adam Thomas and billionaire heir Adam Kamani help transform the lives of couple who have been through "hell and back"". manchestereveningnews.co.uk. Retrieved 25 January 2019.