Adam Long is a founding member of The Reduced Shakespeare Company. From 1987-2003  he co-wrote and performed "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged)"  "The Complete History of America (abridged)", "The Reduced Shakespeare Radio Show" for the BBC World Service, and "The Ring Reduced", a 30 minute condensation of Wagner's Ring Cycle for Channel 4 television.
In 1996, Long directed the Reduced Shakespeare Company's London production of "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)" which was nominated for an Olivier Award for Best Comedy in 1997, and ran for 9 years at the Criterion Theatre in Piccadilly Circus. Stage production licensing in the U S and Canada is by Broadway Play Publishing Inc.
Long left The Reduced Shakespeare Company in 2003. He then co-wrote and starred in The Barn, an independent feature film which won a British Independent Film Award in 2004 - The Raindance Award, for the film which best embodies the spirit of independent filmmaking. In 2006, he wrote and performed Star Wars Shortened   for Sky Movies, and The Condensed History of Tony Blair for BBC Radio 4 . In 2007 he wrote and directed Dickens Unplugged, which premiered at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. The show was brought to Guildford in February, 2007, and made its West End debut on May 23, 2008 at the Comedy Theatre. It has been published as Dickens (abridged) by Broadway Play Publishing Inc. In 2008, he wrote and performed The Condensed History of Political Parties for BBC Radio 4 , and in 2009 The Condensed History of George W Bush, also for BBC Radio 4 .
From 2009 through 2013, Adam has worked extensively in animation, writing for CBBC, Cbeebies, Disney, Nickelodeon and Sprout. He is the voice of Mr. Small in series two of the BAFTA and Emmy Award winning The Amazing World of Gumball.
Adam Long currently resides in London.
- Reduced Shakespeare Company official timeline accessed July 3, 2007
- Review, The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (abridged), New York Times
- Review, The Complete History of America (abridged), (published by Broadway Play Publishing Inc.), New York Times
- The Nominees and Winners of The Laurence Olivier Awards for 1997 London Theatre Guide, accessed 3 July 2007
- BFI catalog entry, The Barn
- Dickens Unplugged, Assembly Ballroom, Edinburgh, review in The Stage, 9 August 2007
- Dickens Unplugged: The Complete Works of Charles Dickens (Abridged), review by Jo Caird of the UK review site "Culture Wars", 28 August 2007
- Dickens Unplugged: They did it to Shakespeare - now it's Dickens' turn Dominic Cavendish interviews Adam Long in The Daily Telegraph
- Dickens Unplugged to make West End debut at Comedy Theatre, The Stage, April 16, 2008