|Born||Adam B. Nimoy
August 9, 1956
Los Angeles, California
|Alma mater||University of California, Berkeley
Adam Nimoy was born in Los Angeles, California, to actor Leonard Nimoy and actress Sandra Zober. He has an older sister, Julie (born 1955). Following his parents' divorce, Nimoy gained a stepbrother, Aaron Bay-Schuck, when his father married Susan Bay.
Adam Nimoy began his work in the entertainment industry as an attorney in entertainment law specializing in music and music publishing.
Business affairs executive
His credits include episodes of NYPD Blue, The Practice, Ally McBeal, Gilmore Girls, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Babylon 5, and The Outer Limits, for which he directed his father in the episode "I Robot".
For the Love of Spock
After his father's death in 2015, Nimoy revealed a documentary project the two of them had been working on about the elder Nimoy's famous Star Trek character which the younger planned to direct. Nimoy stated that with his father's passing, the project would now take on a stronger focus on the life and career of Leonard Nimoy, as well as the character of Spock. In March 2015, Nimoy announced plans to crowd-fund the project's $600,000 budget and provide credit and other perks to the fans who contributed. By that June, the project successfully completed funding through Kickstarter.com, raising $621,721, ahead of its July 1 deadline. The documentary, For the Love of Spock, received the support of interview subjects including William Shatner, George Takei, Walter Koenig, J. J. Abrams, and Seth MacFarlane. The film was released on April 16, 2016, at the Tribeca Film Festival.
Nimoy appeared as himself in "The Spock Resonance", the November 5, 2015 episode of the CBS sitcom The Big Bang Theory, in which he interviews Star Trek fan Sheldon Cooper (Jim Parsons) for the documentary on his father (who had previously lent his voice to the episode "The Transporter Malfunction", in the series' fifth season).
- "Adam Nimoy Biography (1956-)". Film Reference. Retrieved November 6, 2015.
- Stieber, Zachary (February 27, 2015). "Leonard Nimoy's Children: Age, Facts for Adam Nimoy, Julie Nimoy, Aaron Bay-Schuck". Epoch Times.
- Heffernan, Virginia (February 27, 2015). "Leonard Nimoy, Spock of 'Star Trek,' Dies at 83". The New York Times.
- "Faculty: Filmmaking Department". New York Film Academy. Retrieved November 6, 2015.
- McNary, Dave (March 27, 2015). "Leonard Nimoy's Son Plans Spock Documentary". Variety
- "Adam Nimoy's 'For The Love Of Spock' To Premiere At Tribeca Film Festival". Retrieved March 27, 2016.
- Ulanoff, Lance (June 18, 2015). "Leonard Nimoy's son beams up ‘Mr. Spock’ documentary". Mashable.
- "'For the Love of Spock': Leonard Nimoy's son honors dad with documentary". Associated Press/Nola.com. July 3, 2015.
- "Tribeca 2016 Announces the Festival's First-Ever Tribeca Tune In Program, Dedicated to TV". Retrieved March 27, 2016.
- (October 26, 2015). "Adam Nimoy, Wil Wheaton To Appear On New Episode Of The Big Bang Theory". CBS.