Adam is the second Wexford-born boxer to qualify for the Olympics, the first being his coach on the Irish team, Billy Walsh. He was the fifth Irish boxer to qualify for the 2012 Olympics. He is a club mate at Bray Boxing Club with five-time World Champion and Olympic Gold Medalist Katie Taylor. Bray was the only boxing club in the world who qualified two boxers to London 2012, and is the only boxing club in history to have a male and a female boxer feature in the Olympic games. Nolan finished in the top two at welterweight at the 2012 European Boxing Olympic Qualification Tournament which gained him qualification to the Olympics. He ultimately won the Qualification Tournament.
Adam is a four time Irish Elite Welterweight Champion, having won the titles in 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2015.
In March 2015, Nolan went to the Gee Bee Multi Nations tournament in Finland. He won all three of his bouts to claim the gold medal for Ireland and the Boxer of the Tournament award. He is part of the Italia Thunder team in the WSB, and won his first 5-rounder versus Nicklaus Flaz.
- "Adam Nolan Bio, Stats, and Results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 2016-08-05.
- Dara Kelly (2012-04-21). "Wexford boxer Adam Nolan on his way to the London Olympics". IrishCentral.com. Retrieved 2016-08-06.
- "Irish Olympic boxer Adam Nolan retires to enjoy a 'few years of hurling'". Independent.ie. 2017-01-18. Retrieved 2017-04-08.
- "The ITV Hub - The home of ITV". U.tv. Retrieved 2016-08-06.
- 20/04/2012 - 14:58:06 (2012-04-20). "Nolan qualifies in Turkey". BreakingNews.ie. Retrieved 2016-08-06.
- "Irish Amateur Boxing - Adam Nolan claims a Gold Medal". Doghouseboxing.com. 2012-04-21. Retrieved 2016-08-06.
- Niall Kelly (2016-10-17). "Olympic boxer Adam Nolan won his first county hurling title yesterday". The42.ie. Retrieved 2017-04-08.