March 4, 1991 |
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||203 lb (92 kg; 14 st 7 lb)|
Adam Payerl (born March 4, 1991) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player. He is currently playing with the Providence Bruins of the American Hockey League (AHL). He has previously played with the Pittsburgh Penguins in the National Hockey League (NHL).
Payerl played four seasons (2007–2011) of major junior hockey in the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), scoring 60 goals and 83 assists for 143 points, while earning 303 penalty minutes, in 306 OHL games played.
On March 1, 2012, the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League (NHL) signed Payerl as an undrafted free agent to a three-year entry-level contract, and he made his professional debut with their AHL affiliate, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins.
Following the completion of his entry-level contract with the Penguins, and having suffered from injury in his final year with AHL affiliate in Wilkes-Barre, Payerl was not tendered a qualifying offer and was released to free agency. He went un-signed over the summer before belatedly signing a contract in the ECHL with the Cincinnati Cyclones on September 11, 2015. Prior to the beginning of the 2015–16 season with the Cyclones, Payerl was signed to a try-out contract to attend the Milwaukee Admirals training camp on September 29, 2015. He featured in 8 games with the Admirals, impressing with 4 points to be released from his try-out and signed to an AHL contract for the remainder of the season on November 11, 2015. Upon completing the season with the Admirals and posting a career high 29 points, Payerl was signed to a one-year, two-way contract with parent affiliate, the Nashville Predators on April 21, 2016.
On September 24, 2017, Payerl as a free agent was announced to have signed a one-year AHL deal with the Providence Bruins.
- "Penguins Sign Forward Adam Payerl to a Three-Year Entry-Level Contract - Pittsburgh Penguins - News". penguins.nhl.com. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- "Avalanche rookie having Crosby like season". The Post Gazette. April 7, 2014. Retrieved April 7, 2014.
- "Cyclones add NHL experience to line-up". Cincinnati Cyclones. 2015-09-11. Retrieved 2015-09-11.
- "Admirals sign Adam Payerl to standard player contract". Milwaukee Admirals. 2015-11-11. Retrieved 2015-11-11.
- "Predators sign Payerl to one-year contract". Nashville Predators. 2016-04-21. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- Mark Divver (2017-09-24). "Payerl signs with Providence". Twitter. Retrieved 2017-09-24.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or Legends of Hockey, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to a Canadian ice hockey player is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|