October 14, 1977 |
Taunton, Somerset, England
Adam Pengilly (born October 14, 1977 in Taunton, Somerset, England) is a British skeleton racer who has competed since 2004. He won a silver medal in men's skeleton event at the FIBT World Championships 2009 in Lake Placid.
Pengilly qualified for the 2010 Winter Olympics where he finished 18th. On 25 February 2010, he was elected by his fellow Olympic athletes to the International Olympic Committee Athletes' Commission along with American ice hockey player Angela Ruggiero.
Adam is a Christian and is part of Widcombe Baptist Church, Bath, UK. He comes from Creech St Michael in Somerset, where he grew up, often visiting his parents who still live there and the Creech St Michael Baptist Church. He graduated in Sport and Exercise Science from Birmingham University in 2000. Adam now lives and trains in Bath.
He married Ruth, on 10 July 2010.
- 2006 men's skeleton results
- Atosorigin.co.uk Sponsorship Profile for Adam
- British Bob Skeleton Association profile
- Adam Pengilly at the International Bobsleigh & Skeleton Federation
- "Pengilly Elected to IOC Athletes Commission". International Bobsleigh & Skeleton Federation. (25 February 2010 article accessed 25 February 2010.)
- Skeletonsport.com profile
|This biographical article relating to winter sports in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biographical article relating to skeleton racing is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|