Adam Gregory Plutko (born October 3, 1991) is an American professional baseball pitcher who currently plays in the Cleveland Indians organization.
Plutko attended Glendora High School, and then enrolled at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Though he was selected by the Houston Astros in the sixth round of the 2010 Major League Baseball Draft, he opted not to sign with the Astros.
At UCLA, Plutko was a member of the UCLA Bruins baseball team. In 2013, Plutko led the Bruins to the their first NCAA Championship in baseball by beating Mississippi State in the 2013 College World Series. During the World Series, he recorded wins against Louisiana State in the opening round of the World Series and in Game 1 of the Championship Series against Mississippi State. He was named the College World Series Most Outstanding Player.
Plutko was selected by the Cleveland Indians in the 11th round of the 2013 Major League Baseball Draft. He signed with the Indians, but did not pitch for their Minor League Baseball affiliates that year due to a stress fracture in his shoulder. Plutko made his professional debut in 2014 with the Lake County Captains of the Class A Midwest League. In May, the Indians promoted Plutko to the Carolina Mudcats of the Class A-Advanced Carolina League. He began the 2015 season with the Lynchburg Hillcats of the Carolina League, and was promoted to the Akron RubberDucks of the Class AA Eastern League in May.
- ^ Gastelum, Andrew (June 24, 2013). "UCLA's Adam Plutko hopes to ride game-day routine to victory at College World Series". LA Times. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- ^ Levine, Zachary (August 5, 2010). "Astros sign first-round pick DeShields — Houston Chronicle". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- ^ Olson, Eric (June 26, 2013). "UCLA wins first College World Series with 8-0 win over Mississippi State". NorthJersey.com. Retrieved June 26, 2013.
- ^ "Cleveland proud of its performance in 2013 Draft | indians.com: News". MLB.com. June 8, 2013. Retrieved November 3, 2013.
- ^ Fox Sports. "A year after the draft, Plutko enjoying success with Indians - FOX Sports". FOX Sports. Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- ^ "Adam Plutko gets first pro win; Clint Frazier excels on defense: Cleveland Indians Class A Insider". cleveland.com. Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- ^ "Mudcats pitcher Adam Plutko mows them down: Cleveland Indians Advanced Class A Insider". cleveland.com. Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- ^ "Cleveland Indians' No. 19 prospect Adam Plutko earned first 2015 win with six shutout innings for Lynchburg Hillcats - MiLB.com News - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". MiLB.com. Retrieved May 31, 2015.
- ^ Spencer Davies. "Adam Plutko is newest addition to the Akron RubberDucks". www.ohio.com. Retrieved May 31, 2015.