|Born||Adam Brooks Reed
January 8, 1970
Asheville, North Carolina
|Occupation||Writer, producer, director, voice actor|
|Notable work||Sealab 2021, Frisky Dingo, 12 Oz. Mouse, Archer|
Adam Brooks Reed (born January 8, 1970), is an American television writer, producer, director, and voice actor. Reed created and wrote FX's adult animated comedy series Archer, which premiered in September 2009. He was also a voice actor, writer, director and producer for the cartoons Sealab 2021 and Frisky Dingo, which he co-created with Matt Thompson.
Adam Reed and frequent collaborator Matt Thompson started out at Cartoon Network doing various odd jobs as production assistants, until they came up with their own show called High Noon Toons in 1994. High Noon Toons was a 3-hour programming block of cartoons hosted by cowboy hand puppets Haas and Lil' Jo (a Bonanza pun). While working on this show, Thompson and Reed were often drunk and the two eventually got reprimanded for lighting one of the prop sets on fire. Internet personality Dan Avidan claims meeting Reed at a party, where intoxicated he punched Avidan in the crotch in his drunken stupor.
Voice acting roles
High Noon Toons
- Lil' Jo
- A cartoon version of John Miller, who also wrote for Sealab 2021.
- Doctor Virjay, the station's East Indian doctor.
- Various other characters
- Xander Crews, the show's main "hero".
- Killface, the show's main "villain".
- Ronnie, an Xtacle who has a homoerotic fixation on Xander Crews.
- Wendell Stamps, the maniacal, homicidal assistant of Killface.
- Nearl, Xander Crews' intellectually disabled twin brother.
12 oz. Mouse
- Ray Gillette
- "North Carolina, Birth Index, 1800-2000," index, FamilySearch), Adam Brooks Reed, 1970". Familysearch.org. Retrieved 2016-01-09.
- Atlanta Magazine, Oct. 2005, pg. 140. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
|This article relating to an American animator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American voice actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|