|Born||Adam Brooks Reed
January 8, 1970
Asheville, North Carolina
|Occupation||Writer, director, producer, voice actor|
|Notable work||Sealab 2021, Frisky Dingo, 12 Oz. Mouse, Archer|
Adam Brooks Reed (born January 8, 1970) is an American voice actor, writer, director and producer. Reed is best known for creating and writing for FX's adult animated comedy series Archer, which began its first season in September 2009. The show's seventh season premiered on March 31, 2016. He was also a voice actor, writer, director and producer for the cartoons Sealab 2021 and Frisky Dingo, which he co-created with Matt Thompson.
Adam Reed and his partner Matt Thompson started out at Cartoon Network doing various odd jobs until they came up with their own show called High Noon Toons in the mid-90s. High Noon Toons was a 3-hour programming block of cartoons hosted by cowboy hand puppets Haas and Lil' Jo (a Bonanza pun). While working on this show, Matt and Adam were usually heavily intoxicated and the two eventually got reprimanded for lighting one of the prop sets on fire.
Voice acting roles
High Noon Toons
- Lil' Jo
- A cartoon version of John Miller, who also wrote for Sealab 2021.
- Doctor Virjay, the station's East Indian doctor.
- Other characters
- Xander Crews, the show's main "hero".
- Killface, the show's main "villain".
- Ronnie, an Xtacle who has a homoerotic fixation on Xander Crews.
- Wendell Stamps, the maniacal, homicidal assistant of Killface.
- Nearl, Xander Crews' intellectually disabled twin brother.
12 oz. Mouse
- Ray Gillette
- "North Carolina, Birth Index, 1800-2000," index, FamilySearch), Adam Brooks Reed, 1970". Familysearch.org. Retrieved 2016-01-09.
- Webb Mitovich, Matt (November 21, 2014). "FX Sets Dates for Justified's Final Run, The Americans, Archer and More". TVLine. Retrieved November 15, 2014.
- Atlanta Magazine, Oct. 2005, pg. 140. Books.google.com. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
|This article relating to an American animator is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American voice actor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|