|Born||Adam Richard Dellamarta|
10 January 1971
Carlton, Victoria, Australia
|Education||Professional Writing and Editing at RMIT University|
|Occupation||Comedian, actor, radio presenter, writer and media personality|
Adam Richard (born Adam Richard Dellamarta, 1 January 1971 in Carlton, Victoria) is an Australian comedian, actor, radio presenter, writer and media personality, best known co-writing and starring in Outland, an ABC1 comedy series about a group of LGBT sci-fi geeks. Richard was also a team captain on the 2014 revival of music quiz and live music performance show Spicks and Specks, and a permanent panel member on the Doctor Who-themed 2017 show Whovians.
After a variety of part-time jobs including working as a State Bank teller, a fast-food seller and a cleaner, Richard had his first stand-up gig in 1996. During the late 1990s Richard was a regular on RMITV shows including The Loft Live with Rove McManus, Under Melbourne Tonight, What's Goin' On There? (1998) and Whose Shout (1999).
On television, he has made regular appearances on Rove Live, 9am with David & Kim and Spicks and Specks. He also appeared on The Glass House. In 2007, he was also a regular on the very short-lived show Celebrity Dog School with his dog, Snoops. He had a guest acting role in 2010 on Sleuth 101, and appeared in Celebrity Splash! in 2013.
Richard was one of the team captains in the revival of the ABC television show Spicks and Specks that commenced on 5 February 2014. In 2017, Richard featured on Whovians, the Australian comedy panel show which focused on the science fiction television series Doctor Who to analyse and critique the program.
Richard was born Adam Richard Dellamarta but informally changed his name to Adam Richard when he was a teenager. He officially changed it in 1996 after the death of his mother. He attended Brunswick Primary School and Princes Hill Secondary College in Carlton North, Victoria. He also completed a writing course at RMIT University. Prior to venturing into comedy he had a variety of jobs including being a bank teller. He is openly gay and has been billed as the country's first openly gay comedian. He has also revealed he suffers from debilitating panic attacks but is able to get it under control, with assistance.
- "Fox stunned by straightshooter". The Age. Fairfax Media. 7 June 2007. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "The Best of Under Melbourne Tonight: Episode List 1997". Archived from the original on 12 August 2016.
- ""What's Goin' on There" Brief Episode List". Archived from the original on 12 August 2016.
- ""Whose Shout" Episode Credits". Archived from the original on 11 August 2016.
- "Adam Richard". Yahoo TV. Seven Corporate/Yahoo. 2013. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "10 Questions: Adam Richard, comedian, actor, 41". The Australian. News Ltd. 11 February 2012. Retrieved 2 January 2014.
- "Spicks and Specks". ABC TV. ABC. 2013. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- Saw, Amelia (23 March 2017). "Rove McManus "geeks out" on new TV show dedicated to Whovians". news.com.au. Retrieved 20 September 2017.