|Full name||Adam Edward Nicholas Riley|
23 March 1992|
Sidcup, Greater London
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Bowling||Right-arm off break|
|Domestic team information|
|2011–present||Kent (squad no. 33)|
|2015||Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC)|
|FC debut||4 May 2011 Kent v Northamptonshire|
|LA debut||1 May 2011 Kent v Worcestershire|
Source: CricInfo, 1 September 2018
Adam Edward Nicholas Riley (born 23 March 1992) is an English professional cricketer who plays for Kent County Cricket Club. Riley is an off break bowler who has also played first-class cricket for the England Lions team and for Loughborough MCC University.
Riley was born at Sidcup in the London Borough of Bexley. He was educated at Beths Grammar School in Bexley before studying Geography and Sports Management at Loughborough University. He played cricket for both Kent and the Loughborough MCC University team whilst a student.
Riley made his first-class cricket debut for Kent against Northamptonshire in the 2011 County Championship. During the course of the 2011 season, he made five further first-class appearances, the last of which came against Glamorgan, in a match which was the first day/night County Championship match to be played in England. He took his maiden first-class five wicket haul against Loughborough MCCU, taking figures of 5/76. In his fifty-two first-class fixtures to date, he has taken 117 wickets at an average of 36.28.
Riley also made his List A debut in 2011 against Worcestershire in the Clydedale Bank 40. He made five further List A appearances in 2011, taking 5 wickets at an average of 39.40, with best figures of 2/32. He also made his debut in Twenty20 cricket against the touring Indians, claiming the wicket of Rohit Sharma as his maiden in that format.
Opportunities were rare for Riley in 2012, and he only played 5 County Championship games. Although with first-choice spinner James Tredwell featuring more for England extra chances would come his way.
In June 2013, Riley took 7–150 in a County Championship match against Hampshire, an achievement for a player who had taken less than 30 wickets in a first-class career that began over 2 years previous.
Career Best Performances
as of 8 February 2018
|FC||34||Kent v Derbyshire||Canterbury||2015||7/150||Kent v Hampshire||Southampton||2013|
|LA||21*||Kent v Leeward Islands||Coolidge Cricket Ground, Antigua||2016/17||4/40||Kent v Leeward Islands||Coolidge Cricket Ground, Antigua||2017/18|
|T20||5*||Kent Spitfires v Essex Eagles||Canterbury||2012||4/22||Kent Spitfires v Gloucestershire Gladiators||Canterbury||2014|
- Adam Riley, CricInfo. Retrieved 2018-02-10.
- Hoad A (2011) Off-spinner Adam Riley pens new three-year deal with Kent County Cricket Club, Kent Online, 2011-10-05. Retrieved 2018-02-10.
- "First-Class Matches played by Adam Riley". CricketArchive. Retrieved 26 September 2011. (Subscription required (. ))
- Turbervill, Huw (12 September 2011). "First day-night County championship game between Kent and Glamorgan fails to wow crowds". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Kent v Loughborough MCCU, 2011". CricketArchive. Retrieved 27 September 2011. (Subscription required (. ))
- "First-class Bowling For Each Team by Adam Riley". CricketArchive. Retrieved 27 September 2011. (Subscription required (. ))
- "List A Matches played by Adam Riley". CricketArchive. Retrieved 27 September 2011. (Subscription required (. ))
- "List A Bowling For Each Team by Adam Riley". CricketArchive. Retrieved 27 September 2011. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Twenty20 Matches played by Adam Riley". CricketArchive. Retrieved 27 September 2011. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Kent v Indians, 2011". CricketArchive. Retrieved 27 September 2011. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Kent Cricket Club spinner Adam Riley looking to build on career-best display". Kent Online. Retrieved 7 July 2013.