He completed Master of Sciences in Electrical Engineering Program at Białystok Technical University receiving both Master of Sciences and Engineer degree in 1980. His Ph.D. Degree in Electrical Engineering was received at Warsaw University of Technology  in 1983.
Adam Skorek is a Full Professor  and Former Head  of the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department at the Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières. He was elected and nominated Director of the UQTR's Research Group on Industrial Electronics (1995-2001). He is a Visiting Professor at the Faculty of Management at the Białystok Technical University. Elected by Professors, he was nominated by the Council of Ministers: Member of the Board of Directors of the University of Quebec at Trois-Rivieres (2008-2011)  as well Member of the Board of Governors of the University of Quebec (2011-2014).
His works  include supercomputers applications to the electro-thermal applications and complex problems solutions in industrial environment. More specifically he worked on  numerical algorithms with the use of parallel computing for the analysis of the thermal problems in electrical, electronics and nanoelectronics devices.
He has made contributions to the numerical analysis of electro-thermal phenomena exploring and applying various techniques to the power electronics devices design  and industrial process control. This contribution is reflected in the number of papers published and presented in journals and conferences.
Memberships and organizations
He is an active Fellow Member of the Institute of Electrical and Computer Engineering (IEEE). His IEEE implications includes membership of the IEEE MGA Awards and Recognition Committee (2015-2016), IEEE Awards Board (2013-2014 and 2008–2009), IEEE Medal of Honor Committee (2008-2009) and the Industry Applications Society Executive Board (2005–2008 and 2001–2003) as well Chairs of the IEEE MGA Awards and Recognition Committee (2013-2014), the St-Maurice Section (2003–2004 and 1992–1994), Education Society Chapters Committee (1997–2001), Eastern Canada Council and Education Activities Committee of the IEEE Canada. He is a co-founder of the PARELEC  IEEE International Conference dedicated to parallel computing applications in electrical engineering.
Adam Skorek was appointed as Head of his Department (2001-2007) and elected by his Colleagues as Chair of the Canadian Heads and Chairs of Electrical Engineering Departments Network (2004). He was a Member (2001-2007) of both the Canadian Heads and Chairs of Electrical Engineering Departments network (CHECE) and the Electrical and Computer Engineering Departments Heads Association (ECEDHA), providing Canadian representation as a Member of ECEDHA's Board of Directors (2004).
He was elected a President of the Canadian Polish Congress - Quebec District (2015-2017). He was a Member of the Board of Directors of the Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences in Canada (1994-2009).
Awards and recognition
Recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Poland, awarded by the President of the Republic of Poland (2015) 
Recipient of the Medal of Governors of the University of Quebec (2014) 
Elected Full Member of the Academy of Engineering in Poland (2013) 
His wife Marzena Skorek is an architect. Married in 1980, they have two children.
- "Registered in Poland and in European Union by the Bialystok Technical University".
- "Diploma issued by the Warsaw University of Technology".
- "Université du Québec at Trois-Rivières (UQTR, publicly available resolution number R393CA3435, May 27, 1995".
- "Université du Québec at Trois-Rivières (UQTR), publicly available resolution number 2004-CA488-04.01-R4794, April 24, 2004".
- "Research Group on Industrial Electronics".
- "Visiting Professor at the Bialystok Technical University".
- "Member of the Board of Directors of the University of Quebec at Trois-Rivières".
- "Member of the Board of Governors of the University of Quebec".
- A. Skorek: "High Performance Computing in Nanoelectronics", Seminar of the Toronto Section of the IEEE, EDS Chapter, IEEE EDS Distinguished Lecturers Program, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, January 2013
- Ortiz, C.; Skorek, A.; Lavoie, M.; Bénard, P. (2009). "Parallel CFD Analysis of Conjugate Heat Transfer in a Dry Type Transformer". IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications. 45 (4): 1530–1534. doi:10.1109/TIA.2009.2023561.
- A. Skorek, S.V.Blé, A.Gryko-Nikitin, J.Nazarko: "Nanothermal Management in Nanoelectronics Systems" Proceedings of the 2006 Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, April 22–26, Page(s):1298 - 1301 2007, ISBN 1-4244-1021-5, doi:10.1109/CCECE.2007.330.
- A. Skorek, A.Gryko-Nikitin, J. Nazarko: "Genetic Algorithm for Nanoscale Electro-Thermal Optimization", INTERPACK’07, The Pacific Rim/International, Intersociety, Electronic Packaging Technical/Business Conference & Exhibition, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, July 8–12, 2007, ISBN 0-7918-3801-3.
- Lakhsasi, A.; Skorek, A. (2002). "Dynamic finite element approach for analyzing stress and distortion in multilevel devices". Journal of Solid-State Electronics. 46 (6): 925–932. doi:10.1016/s0038-1101(02)00008-4.
- Aniserowicz, A.Skorek; Cossette, M.Zaremba (1997). "A New Algorithm for Numerical Simulation of Induction Heating of Steel Cylinders". IEEE Transactions on Industrial Applications. 33 (4): 893–897. doi:10.1109/28.605729.
- A. Skorek: "A Parallel Approach for Electrothermal Analysis of Power Electronics Devices", INTERPACK’97, The Pacific RIM/ASME International, Intersociety Electronic & Photonic Packaging Conference and Exhibition, Mauna Lani, Kohala Coast, Hawaii, USA, June 15–19, 1997, Epp-Vol.19-2, Advances in Electronic Packaging. 2. pp. 2019–2022. ISBN 0-7918-1559-5.
- A.Napieralski, A.Skorek, J.-M.Dorkel "A Comparative Study of Two Simulation Methods for Thermal Analysis of Power Electronic Devices", Proceedings of IEEE PELS Third Workshop on Computers in Power Electronics, University of California, Berkeley, USA, 9–11 August 1992, pp. 129- 142. doi:10.1109/CIPE.1992.247285
- J.Kucharski, A.Skorek: "Parallel Architecture Application for Two Control Algorithms", Proceedings of the IASTED International Conference Artificial Intelligence and Soft Computing, Cancun, Mexico, May 27–30, 1998, pp.165-168
- Urbanek, A.Skorek (1994). "Magnetic Flux and Temperature Aalysis in Induction Hated Steel Cylinder". IEEE Transactions on Magnetics. 30 (5): 3328–3330. doi:10.1109/20.312650.
- "IEEE Xplore Digital Library".
- "IEEE Computer Society".
- "Association of Polish Electrical Engineers SEP".
- "Polish Association of Production Management PTZP".
- "Canadian Heads and Chairs of Electrical and Computer Engineering (CHECE)".
- "Electrical and Computer Engineering Departments Heads Association (ECEDHA)".
- "Canadian Polish Congress - District Quebec".
- "Polish Institute of Arts and Sciences in Canada".
- "Recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Order of Merit of the Republic of Poland".
- "Recipient of the Medal of Governors of the University of Quebec".
- "Full Member of the Academy of Engineering in Poland".
- "Recipient of the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal".
- "IEEE Fellow Directory". IEEE. Retrieved July 30, 2014.
- "IEEE Canada 2007 Awards listing".
- "IEEE RAB/MGA Leadership Award description".
- "IEEE Canada 2004 Awards Listing".
- "IEEE Canada Wallace S. Read Outstanding Service Award description".
- "Canada Gazette part I - Government House - Awards to Canadians" (PDF). Canada Gazette. Government of Canada. 138 (17): 1252. 2004.
- "EIC Fellows". Engineering Institute of Canada. Retrieved July 30, 2014.