Tafralis (right) in 2009.
|Date of birth:||August 30, 1983|
|Place of birth:||Daly City, California|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||219 lb (99 kg)|
|College:||San José State|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
Adam Gregory Tafralis (born August 30, 1983) is a former professional gridiron football quarterback. He was signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He played college football at San Jose State University.
He played college football at San José State, where he was the starting quarterback from the 2004-2007 seasons. This included the 2006 season, where he led the Spartans to the 2006 New Mexico Bowl, and set many records in passing which still remain unsurpassed. Tafralis graduated from San Jose State in December 2007 with a B.S. in kinesiology.
Tafralis saw his first action on October 24, 2008, throwing a touchdown pass to Prechae Rodriguez late in the 4th quarter of a home game vs. the Calgary Stampeders. On September 18, 2009, he again saw action against Calgary late in the game, throwing a touchdown pass to Arland Bruce III to give the Tiger-Cats the win.
He was cut in April 2011 by the Ticats and became a free agent.
Sacramento Mountain Lions
After his release from Hamilton, Tafralis signed with the United Football League's Sacramento Mountain Lions.
On May 30, 2012, he announced his retirement from football.
His father Gregg, was an Olympic shotputter who competed in the 1992 Olympics, and also held the world title in the early '90s. During the 2010 offseason, Tafralis worked as a trainer for John Paye at Paye's Sports Performance in San Carlos, CA.
- "San Jose State University Athletics 2008 Commencement Student-Athlete & Current & Former Staff Participation" (PDF). San Jose State University. Archived from the original (PDF) on February 15, 2015. Retrieved February 15, 2015.
- Naylor, David (Sep 19, 2009). "Backup emerges to lead Ticats". Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2009-09-19.
- "Ticats cut Tafralis". Hamilton Spectator. April 20, 2011. Retrieved 6 May 2011.
- Argos add veteran QB Tafralis, rookie WR Inman
- Toronto Argonauts bio
- San José State Spartans bio
- College and Pro Statistics at TotalFootballStats.com
|San Jose State Spartans starting quarterbacks