||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Thomas in 2012
|Born||Adam Gordon Thomas
11 August 1988
|Television||I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here (2016)|
|Children||Teddy James Thomas|
Ryan Thomas (brother)
Adam Gordon Thomas (born 11 August 1988) is an English actor. He is known for playing the roles of Donte Charles in the BBC drama Waterloo Road (2006–09) and Adam Barton in the ITV soap opera Emmerdale (2009–)
Born in Manchester, Thomas began his television career in 2002 with a guest appearance on the BBC daytime soap opera Doctors. It was another four years before Adam launched to fame in his breakthrough role as Donte Charles in the BBC drama series Waterloo Road of which he was an original cast member upon its inception in 2006 until 2009.
The role of Donte led Thomas to enjoy guest appearances in popular hospital drama Casualty in 2008 in which he played a boxer, as well as a second appearance in Doctors in 2007. He also appeared as himself on ITV gameshow All Star Family Fortunes alongside his older brother and fellow actor Ryan, who played Jason Grimshaw in the soap opera, Coronation Street.
In early 2009, it was confirmed that Thomas was to leave Waterloo Road at the end of the fourth series due to his character having finished his education at the fictional school. Thomas' final episode was broadcast 20 May 2009.
Following his departure from his most famous role, Thomas signed on for his third appearance on daytime soap Doctors, this time playing a character called Ben Hamilton. The episode aired on 26 May 2009.
Adam is the younger brother of Ryan Thomas who gained fame as Jason Grimshaw in Coronation Street. He has a fraternal twin brother, Scott, who appeared in Love Island in 2016. Adam is in a relationship with long term girlfriend, Caroline Daly. On 8 September 2014, Adam became a father to a baby boy, named Teddy James Thomas. Adam proposed to Caroline on the beach during a family holiday to Dubai at the end of April. They are due to marry 27th August 2017. The couple took part in All Star Mr & Mrs in August 2016.
-  Archived October 21, 2008, on Wayback Machine.
- "Emmerdale's Adam Thomas Lined Up For Stricltly 2016". The Sun. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "'Doctors' casts another soap sibling - Doctors News - Soaps". Digital Spy. 2009-03-09. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "News - Emmerdale". ITV. Retrieved 2012-04-24.
- "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! 2016 final. Adam Thomas comes in third place, plus will Scarlett Moffatt or Joel Dommett be crowned winner?". The Telegraph. Retrieved 4 December 2016.
- "Corrie's Ryan Thomas and his twin brothers from Love Island and Emmerdale". Daily Mail. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "Emmerdale Star Adam Thomas Shares Pic of Baby Boy.". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
- "All Star MR & MRS". What's on TV. Retrieved 26 August 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adam Thomas.|
|This article about an English actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|