Adam Wójcik in 2012
20 April 1970|
26 August 2017 (aged 47)|
|Listed height||2.08 m (6 ft 10 in)|
|Listed weight||110 kg (243 lb)|
|NBA draft||1992 / Undrafted|
|Position||Power forward / Center|
|2004–2007||Prokom Trefl Sopot|
|2008–2009||PBG Basket Poznań|
|Career highlights and awards|
Adam Wójcik (20 April 1970 – 26 August 2017) was a Polish professional basketball player. He was known as one of the all-time greats in Polish basketball. He is the second all-time leading scorer of the Polish Basketball League, with 10,087 points scored.
On club level, he played in his native Poland, and also in Belgium, Greece, Italy and Spain. He is second in the all-time list of games played in the Polish League, with a total of 651, and points scored, with 10,087 points.
Wojcik made his EuroLeague debut in 2001, with Peristeri of Greece, the first of his six consecutive seasons in the competition. In his debut season, 2001–02, he was the EuroLeague's eighth-best scorer, with 18.4 points per game. Next, he made one-year stops at Unicaja Malaga and Śląsk Wrocław, before spending three seasons in a row with Prokom Trefl Sopot, and leading the team to the EuroLeague Top 16 twice. He finished his EuroLeague career with a 10.8 points per game scoring average, for a total of 1,030 points, over 95 games. He subsequently played one season in the second tier level EuroCup, in the 2009–10 season, with Turów Zgorzelec of Poland. He retired in 2012.
National team career
With the senior Polish national basketball team, Wojcik played in 149 games, the second most in the Polish national team's history, and he scored 1,821 points. He played at four EuroBasket's - 1991, 1997, 2007, and 2009.
Awards and accomplishments
- Znic Pruszków
- Polish League Champion: (1994–95)
- Spirou Charleroi
- Belgian League Champion: (1996–97)
- Śląsk Wrocław
- 4× Polish League Champion: (1997–98, 1998–99, 1999–00, 2000–01)
- Polish Cup Winner: (2004)
- 2× Polish Supercup Winner: (1999, 2000)
- Prokom Trefl Sopot
- 3× PLK Most Valuable Player (1998, 2001, 2005)
- 3× PLK Finals MVP (1998, 2001, 2005)
- 9× All-PLK Team (1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005)
- 10× PLK All-Star (1994, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2009)
- 2× PLK All-Star Game MVP (1999, 2009)
- Greek League All-Star (2002)
- "Polish basketball legend Adam Wojcik dies at 47". Sportando.com. Retrieved 28 August 2017.