Adam Webster (footballer, born 1995)
Adam Webster on his Ipswich Town debut in 2016.
|Full name||Adam Harry Webster|
|Date of birth||4 January 1995|
|Place of birth||West Wittering, Chichester, England|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|2013–2014||→ Aldershot Town (loan)||24||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 21:22, 29 September 2018 (UTC)|
Webster joined Portsmouth at the age of 12, following rejections from Southampton, Chelsea and even Portsmouth from the age of ten. He signed academy scholarship with the club in the summer of 2011. He was first called up to the participate with the first team by Steve Cotterill in a friendly against FC Rostov. He came on in the 72nd minute for trialist Fernando Vega.
Under the management of Michael Appleton, Webster was given more first team opportunities. Following an unused substitute appearance against Chelsea in the FA Cup, he made his debut at the age of 17 the following weekend in a Football League Championship match against West Ham United. He came on at right back in place of Greg Halford on the 75th minute.
In the following season, Webster received the #22 jersey, and had more opportunities in first team, making his breakthrough as a full back. When recalled from Aldershot Town, he was put into the starting line up against Hartlepool United. Webster scored the only goal of the game, and his first senior goal, handing Portsmouth a 1–0 victory.
Aldershot Town (loan)
On 6 August 2013, Webster joined Aldershot Town on loan, until January 2014. He made his Shots debut four days later, in a 1–1 away draw against Grimsby. He returned to "Pompey" on 4 January, after making 21 appearances, and on the 21st he rejoined the "Shots" on loan until the end of the season.
In October 2012, Webster was called up to the England U19, but his manager Michael Appleton blocked the requests from FA due to player shortage in Portsmouth. Later in the month, he was called up to England U18's.
On 24 October 2012, Webster made his national team debut at under-18 level in a 2–0 win against Italy. On 13 November 2012 Webster made his England Under 19's debut in a 1–0 win over Finland, coming as a second-half substitute for Jack Stephens. On 24 May 2013, Webster made his 3rd appearance for the U19's coming on as a substitute in a match against Georgia.
- As of match played 2 April 2018.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Aldershot (loan)||2013–14||Conference Premier||24||0||0||0||—||4[b]||0||28||0|
- "Professional retain list & free transfers 2012/13" (PDF). The Football League. 18 May 2013. p. 41. Archived from the original (PDF) on 12 October 2013. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- How three-time rejected Webster never gave up on his dream; Portsmouth News, 29 October 2012
- Nine Offered Scholarships Archived 13 February 2011 at the Wayback Machine.; Portsmouth F.C., 9 February 2011
- Three Changes at Chelsea; Portsmouth F.C., 8 January 2012
- Pompey 0 West Ham 1 Archived 16 January 2012 at the Wayback Machine.; Portsmouth F.C., 14 January 2012
- Pompey 1 Hartlepool 0; Portsmouth F.C., 5 April 2014
- Webster Loaned To Aldershot; Portsmouth FC, 6 August 2013
- Grimsby 1–1 Aldershot; BBC Sport, 10 August 2013
- "Adam Webster: Ipswich sign Portsmouth defender, Matt Clarke goes other way". BBC Sport. 6 June 2016. Retrieved 7 June 2016.
- "Birmingham 2-1 Ipswich". BBC Sport. 13 December 2016. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Adam Webster completes £3.5m transfer from Ipswich Town to Championship rivals Bristol City|Ipswich Town FC and Suffolk & Essex Sport". East Anglian Daily Times. 28 June 2018. Retrieved 28 June 2018.
- Webster Gets England Call Archived 19 January 2012 at the Wayback Machine.; Portsmouth F.C., 17 January 2012
- Portsmouth Michael Appleton backs Adam Webster for international honours; Sky Sports, 5 October 2012
- Pompey defender called up to England squad; Pompey Pages, 21 October 2012
- Veevers, Nicholas (24 October 2012). "LIONS VICTORIOUS IN MANSFIELD". The Football Association. Archived from the original on 5 January 2013. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- "England 1–0 Finland" The FA.com. 13 November 2012. Retrieved 14 November 2012.
- "Games played by Adam Webster in 2016/2017". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 21 July 2017.
- Adam Webster at Soccerbase