Adama City F.C.
|Full name||Adama City Football Club|
|Nickname(s)||Gurrachcha Leenca /Black Lions.|
|Ground||Abebe Bikila Stadium|
|League||Ethiopian Premier League|
Adama City Football Club (Amharic: አዳማ ከትማ እግር ኳስ ክለብ) is an Ethiopian football club based in Adama, Ethiopia. They are a member of the Ethiopian Football Federation and play in the Ethiopian Premier League, the top division in Ethiopian football.
On August 4, 2018 the club hired Sisay Abraham as manager and Dawit Tadesse as assistant coach.
Their home in Adama is Abebe Bikila stadium (not to be confused with the Abebe Bikila Stadium located in Addis Ababa), the second such stadium in the country to be named after the 1960,1964 Olympic marathon champion Abebe Bikila.
Adama City (Ketema) enjoys a great support for its fans both at home in Adama and during away fixtures. The supporters have been involved in some altercation with some rival team supporters in the past.
Salaries at the club have steadily risen with player like Jecko Peaze Peryze earning 165,000 Br per month.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- "Adama Kenema Remains on Top of the Ethiopia Premier League". Ethiosports. Dec 27, 2015.
- Taddele, Omna (June 9, 2018). "Administrative Blunder Puts Adama Ketema as Premier League New Leaders". Soccer Ethiopia.
- "አዳማ ከተማ ዋና እና ምክትል አሰልጣኞችን ቀጥሯል". Soccer Ethiopia. August 4, 2018.
- Taddele, Omna (February 1, 2018). "Fans Mayhem in Addis Ababa Stadium as Adama Ketema Hold Kidus Giorgis". Soccer Ethiopia.
- Yimer, Solomon (March 18, 2018). "Footballers' Salaries sore, Club's Revenues Drained". Addis Fortune.
|This article about an Ethiopian football club is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|