This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Adamos Adamou (born 30 October 1950, in Limassol) is a Cypriot politician and former Member of the European Parliament (MEP) for the Progressive Party of Working People, sitting with the European United Left–Nordic Green Left group from 2004 to 2009. He sat on the European Parliament's Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety. He didn't stand for reelection in the 2009 European elections.
Adamou was Deputy director of Pathological Oncology Clinic.
He is the Chairman of the Delegations for relations between EU with the Palestinian Legislative Council. As a chairman, he is a member of the Conference of Delegation Chairmen. Became (Dec 2009) Patron of The Friends' Hospice Paphos, a charitable organisation established in 2006, attached to the Evangelismos hospital in Paphos, Cyprus.
He is also a substitute of the Committee on Culture and Education and of the Delegation to the EU-Chile Joint Parliamentary Committee.
- 1976–79: Doctor with the Hellenic Anticancer Society
- 1979–84: Specialist doctor and pathologist at Pathology Clinic I of the Hellenic Red Cross Hospital
- 1984–85: Lecturer and Deputy director of Pathological Oncology Clinic I of the Agioi Anargyroi Hospital (Athens)
- 1988–98: Deputy director of the Clinical Oncology Department of Nicosia General Hospital
- from 2004: Consultant Oncologist at the Bank of Cyprus Oncology Centre (1998–2003) and at the Medical 'Prevention' Centre
- from 2003: ΑΚΕL-Left – New Powers Member
- Member of the parliamentary Health, Environmental, European Affairs and Audit Committees
- from 1998: Representative of Cyprus in the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- Member of the Cyprus Medical Association and chairman of its Bioethics Committee
- Member of the Cyprus Anticancer Association and chairman of its information committee
- Chairman of the Scientific Committee of the Karaiskakio Foundation
- Honourable mention from the Hellenic Breast Cancer Research Society
- Honourable mention and plaque from the Hellenic Psychosocial Oncology Society