Adams, Ilocos Norte
Map of Ilocos Norte showing the location of Adams
|Region||Ilocos (Region I)|
|Founded||May 16, 1983|
|• Mayor||Rosalia Dupagen|
|• Vice Mayor||Eric Bawingan|
|• Total||159.31 km2 (61.51 sq mi)|
|Population (2015 census)|
|• Density||11/km2 (29/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD : area code||+63 (0)77|
|Income class||5th Class; Rural|
Adams is located in the northern coast of the Province of Ilocos Norte. The municipality of Adams is seated about 46 km north from Laoag City. It is border by Pagudpud and Santa Praxedes in the north, Calanasan in the east, Dumalneg in the west and Vintar in the south. The road to the town can access mainly from Brgy. Pancian, Pagudpud. The geographic coordinates of Adams are 18° 28' 0 N, 120° 54' 0 E. Its villages are far from each other mainly the Sitio Bucarot, located in the other side of the mountain from the poblacion of Adams and it takes three hours of hiking to get in there. It can also access by motorcycle, but not for Tricycle or Four Wheels.
Adams is composed of only one barangay: Adams Proper. However, it is proposed to be divided into five Barangays:
- Adams (Poblacion)
- Bucarot (disputed)
Note: Sitio Bucarot is still a dispute territory between Adams, Ilocos Norte, and Calanasan, Apayao. Currently because of the issue, there are two Barangay Halls, two basketball courts and other government buildings situated in Sitio Bucarot. 
|Population census of Adams|
|Source: Philippine Statistics Authority|
In the 2015 census, the population of Adams, Ilocos Norte, was 1,792 people, with a density of 11 inhabitants per square kilometre or 28 inhabitants per square mile.
Adams' population is a mixture of different tribes like Yapayaos, Immallods, Kankanaeys, Bago and Ilocanos.
Local products produced include:
- Saplid - local for soft broom
- Wine - just like Tapuey or rice wine
- Tropical wine - it depends on the season. Example of fruit wine is Bugnay Wine.
As of the term 2013-2016, these are the elected officials of Adams:
- Mayor: Eric T. Bawingan
- Vice Mayor: Warner A. Poking
- Rosalia D. Dupagen
- Bernard D. Cabradilla
- Eddie Boy A. Suniga
- Julian D. Dato Jr.
- Michaela B. Dupagen
- Pio B. Acupan
- Antonio D. Tarnate
- Teodoro D. Dupagen
Shield , derived from the Provincial Seal of Ilocos Norte
The Seal as a Whole, its white background speaks of the people’s simple way of living; it further suggest that their lifestyle are not yet blemished nor corrupted by civilization and modernization.
Mountain Ranges, Verdant Field and River, show the topography of the place as a potential source of wealth and livelihood.
Mountain Ranges, depict the lofty ideals and the high hopes of the people for a progressive and attractive place to live in.
Adams is composed of 18 waterfalls and 10 hanging bridges, including:
- Maligligay Falls
- Mareprep Falls
- Anuplig Falls - considered the premier falls in Adams
- Inuwayan Falls
- Cabacan Falls
- Anat Falls
- Kanayupan Falls
- Abbas Falls
- Aki Falls - a Y-shaped falls
- Adams' Hanging Bridge - the longest hanging bridge in Ilocos Norte
- Bolo River - beautiful because of its crystal waters
- avis falls°
- Tadek- Bagat Festival (April 16–18) - presentation of the songs and dances of the different tribes of Adams.
- Foundation Day of Adams (May 16) - commemoration of the creation of Adams.
Local foods include balbollosa (wild eggplant), ubog (rattan shoots), chicken with cardis, aba (gabi), kukutit (crushed crablets), fried frogs, kiwet (eel) and salads. There's also tapuey (rice wine) and Bugnay (fruit wine).
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 11 September 2013. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- "Province: Ilocos Norte". PSGC Interactive. Quezon City, Philippines: Philippine Statistics Authority. Retrieved 12 November 2016.
- "Region I (Ilocos Region)". Census of Population (2015): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). PSA. Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "Region I (Ilocos Region)". Census of Population and Housing (2010): Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay (Report). NSO. Retrieved 29 June 2016.
- "Province of Ilocos Norte". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 3 October 2013.
- Wallace, Ben J. (2006). The changing village environment in Southeast Asia: applied anthropology and environmental reclamation in the northern Philippines. Psychology Press. p. 36. ISBN 978-0-415-36484-3.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Adams, Ilocos Norte.|
- New nature adventure spot Adams, Ilocos Norte ABS-CBN News Online
- Pasyalan Ilocos Norte
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Pagudpud||Santa Praxedes, Cagayan|