Adams/Wabash (CTA station)
|Location||201–23 South Wabash Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60604
|Owned by||Chicago Transit Authority|
Purple Line weekday rush hours only
|Platforms||2 Side platforms|
|Opened||November 8, 1896|
|Passengers (2014)||2,131,441 2.1%|
|Rank||23 out of 143[a]|
Adams/Wabash is an 'L' station serving the CTA's Brown, Green, Orange, Pink, and Purple Lines. Until 1963, it also served interurban trains of the Chicago North Shore and Milwaukee Railroad. It is the closest CTA station to Symphony Center, home of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, and the Art Institute of Chicago.
- #1 Indiana/Hyde Park
- #7 Harrison
- #X28 Stony Island Express
- #126 Jackson
- #151 Sheridan
Notes and references
- Due to possible double-counting of physically-connected stations, the CTA's official 2014 tally of stations was 145, but for ridership purposes reported having only 143 stations.
- "Monthly Ridership Report – December 2014" (PDF). Chicago Transit Authority Ridership Analysis and Reporting. March 5, 2015. Retrieved May 1, 2015.
Media related to Adams/Wabash (CTA) at Wikimedia Commons
- Adams/Wabash Station Page at Chicago-L.org
- Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) No. IL-1-C, "Union Elevated Railroad, Adams Street Station"
- Adams Street entrance from Google Maps Street View
|This article relating to the Chicago Transit Authority is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Illinois train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|