Adams Township, Clinton County, Ohio
|Adams Township, Clinton County, Ohio|
The Eli Harvey House, a historic site in the township
Location of Adams Township in Clinton County
|• Total||21.7 sq mi (56.2 km2)|
|• Land||21.5 sq mi (55.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.2 sq mi (0.6 km2)|
|Elevation||860 ft (262 m)|
|• Density||97/sq mi (37.6/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085876|
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Chester Township - north
- Union Township - east
- Washington Township - southeast corner
- Vernon Township - south
- Washington Township, Warren County - southwest
- Massie Township, Warren County - west
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Adams township, Clinton County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 21, 2015.
- Brown, Albert J. (1915). History of Clinton County, Ohio: Its People, Industries, and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 244.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.
- Clinton County Historical Society. Clinton County, Ohio, 1982. Wilmington, Ohio: The Society, 1982.
- Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. 6th ed. Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme, 2001. ISBN 0-89933-281-1
- Ohio Secretary of State. The Ohio municipal and township roster, 2002-2003. Columbus, Ohio: The Secretary, 2003.