Adams Township, Madison County, Indiana
Location in Madison County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.07 sq mi (93.4 km2)|
|• Land||36.05 sq mi (93.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.02 sq mi (0.05 km2) 0.06%|
|Elevation||938 ft (286 m)|
|• Density||108/sq mi (42/km2)|
|ZIP codes||46013, 46017, 46056, 46064, 47356|
|GNIS feature ID||0453078|
It was named for Abraham Adams, a pioneer settler.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.07 square miles (93.4 km2), of which 36.05 square miles (93.4 km2) (or 99.94%) is land and 0.02 square miles (0.052 km2) (or 0.06%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these five cemeteries: Capp, Collier, Gilmore, Peewee and Walker.
Airports and landing strips
- Ace Airpark
- South Madison Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 6th congressional district
- State House District 37
- State Senate District 25
- "Adams Township, Madison County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-03.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Forkner, John La Rue and Dyson, Byron H. (1897). Historical Sketches and Reminiscences of Madison County, Indiana. Wilson, Humprheys & Co. p. 669.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Adams Township
- Adams Township History Page
||Anderson Township||Union Township|
|Fall Creek Township||Fall Creek Township, Henry County
Harrison Township, Henry County
|Brown Township, Hancock County|