Adamstown railway station
Southbound view in May 2007
|Location||Park Avenue, Adamstown
|Operated by||NSW TrainLink|
|Distance||161.12 km (100.12 mi) from Central|
|Opened||15 August 1887|
As part of the electrification of the line in the early 1980s, new station buildings were built, the western relief line and Platform 3 removed, and the 1939 built signal box on Platform 1 that used to control movements to the Belmont line decommissioned on 4 December 1983. Until December 1991, the Belmont line diverged to the south-east of the station.
Platforms & services
|1||services to Gosford & Sydney Central|||
|2||services to Hamilton (Newcastle)|||
Newcastle Buses operate three routes via Adamstown station:
- 224: Wallsend to Newcastle station
- 225: Jesmond to Newcastle station
- 320: Warners Bay to Newcastle station
- Adamstown Station NSWrail.net
- Adamstown Railway Station Group NSW Environment & Heritage
- "Signalling & Safeworking" Railway Digest June 1984 page 197
- "Central Coast & Newcastle line timetable" (PDF). NSW Trainlink. 5 January 2015.
- "Routes 222, 224 and 225 timetable" (PDF). Newcastle Buses. 22 August 2011.
- "Routes 310, 313, 318 and 320 timetable" (PDF). Newcastle Buses. 17 October 2010.