Adana Şakirpaşa Airport
|Adana Şakirpaşa Airport
Adana Şakirpaşa Havalimanı
Adana Şakirpaşa Airport
|Operator||DHMİ (State Airports Authority)|
|Focus city for||Pegasus Airlines|
|Elevation AMSL||65 ft / 20 m|
Adana Airport or Adana Şakirpaşa Airport (Turkish: Adana Şakirpaşa Havalimanı) (IATA: ADA, ICAO: LTAF) is an international airport located in Adana. The airport serves mainly to the Çukurova region, and in a lesser extent to the provinces surrounding Çukurova, due to its frequent domestic flight schedule and several flights to international destinations.
Adana Airport was constructed on a farmland at the Şakirpaşa area, 2.3 km west of the historical city centre. It was opened to service as a civil-military airport in 1937 and became a full civil airport in 1956. During the uncontrolled western expansion of the city from the 1950s to 1990s, the airport was surrounded by unplanned low-income neighborhoods from east, west and north.
Airlines and destinations
|Borajet||Beirut, Berlin-Tegel, Ercan, Erbil, Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen, Trabzon|
|Germania||Seasonal: Bremen (begins 17 June 2016)|
|Pegasus Airlines||Antalya, Bodrum, Ercan, Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen, Izmir, Trabzon, Van|
|SunExpress||Antalya, Ercan, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hannover, Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen, Izmir, Stuttgart,
Seasonal: Cologne/Bonn, Munich, Nuremberg
|Turkish Airlines||Ercan, Istanbul-Atatürk
Seasonal: Berlin-Tegel, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Kuwait City, Stuttgart
operated by AnadoluJet
|Ankara, Istanbul-Sabiha Gökçen|
Annual passenger traffic in 2015 hit a record of 5,369,260; an increase of 15% from 2014 . Passenger traffic is almost doubled in the last 5 years. Route from Şakirpaşa to both airports in İstanbul, is one of the busiest in Turkey, with an average 28 flights daily.
|Year||Domestic||% change||International||% change||Total||% change|
Local buses/minibuses, coaches, airline shuttles, trains and taxi serve ground transportation to or close to the airport.
Buses and coaches
|Terminals||135||Balcalı (Çukurova University)||Yüreğir||ABBO|
|159||Kurttepe||Kuruköprü (Old Town), Adana Metro(Vilayet station), Central railway station||ABBO|
Adana Metropolitan Municipality local buses #135 and #159, run from the airport to the neighbourhoods of Seyhan, Çukurova and Sarıçam. Bus #159 is a 35-minute interval service that connects airport to the old town, metro (Vilayet station), Central railway station, and routes further north, ending in Kurttepe, close to the lake. Bus #135 is an hourly service to Balcalı (Çukurova University).
Meydan minibus co-operative runs frequent minibuses from Kuruköprü in old town to the airport entrance on Barış Boulevard. Several local buses and minibuses that run east-west on the D400 state road, stop at the Airport intersection, 800 meters north of the airport terminals.
Coach transport to the provinces surrounding Çukurova, run from the Central Coach Terminal, 3.9 km west of the airport entrance. Coach companies' shuttle services from the city centre to the Central Coach Terminal have stops at the Airport Intersection on the D400 state road.
Şakirpaşa railway station is 1.9 km walking distance to the airport terminals, and it is located one block north of the D400 state road. There are frequent train services to Mersin Central, Tarsus and Adana Central stations, and fewer daily services to eastern stations of Adana; Yüreğir, İncirlik and Ceyhan. Also from the station, there are once daily trips to Osmaniye, İskenderun, İslahiye, Karaman and Niğde.
Taxi and car rental
There is a taxicab stand and car rental services in the airport.
Aviation accidents and incidents at or near the airport
- 1961 Turkish Airlines Ankara crash
- 1962 Turkish Airlines Taurus Mountains crash
- 7 April 1999 Turkish Airlines Flight 5904
- Adana Airport
- Current weather for LTAF at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for ADA at Aviation Safety Network
- Adana Local Buses - Timetable
- "2015 Adana Airport Stats". DHMI. Retrieved 7 January 2016.
- (Turkish) Adana Hava Limanı at DHMİ (State Airports Authority)
- Airport information for LTAF at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for LTAF at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- ref name="DHMİ 2014">(Turkish) 2015 Passengers Statistics of Airports in Turkey at DHMİ (State Airports Authority)
- "Turkish Airlines Adds New Turkey - Kuwait Routes Jun - Oct 2015". Airlineroute.net. 12 May 2015. Retrieved 12 May 2015.
- http://www.adana.bel.tr/otobus-saatleri/entry/2563/ Local Bus #159
- http://www.adana.bel.tr/otobus-saatleri/entry/2552/ Local Bus #135
- http://www.atlasglb.com/fly-and-bus/ Atlas Global Shuttle Services
- http://www.tcdd.gov.tr/upload/Files/ContentFiles/2010/bolgesel/mersinadanamersin.htm Adana-Mersin Railway Line