Adap Galo Maringá Football Club
|Full name||Adap Galo Maringá Football Club|
|2007||Eliminated in first stage (Série C)|
Adap Galo Maringá Football Club, usually known as Adap Galo Maringá, Galo/Adap, Galo Adap, Adap Galo or ADAP Galo, is a Brazilian football club from Maringá, Paraná state. The club competed in the Brazilian Championship Third Division in 2007, but currently it is inactivated.
On November 25, 2006, two Paraná state clubs, ADAP, of Campo Mourão city, and Galo Maringá, of Maringá city, fused, and the new club was named Adap Galo Maringá Football Club. The club kept the same colors and kits of Galo Maringá, but the official club's foundation date was ADAP's one, 1999. Adap Galo Maringá's logo is similar to Galo Maringá's, but including the words "ADAP" and "1999" and at the same time keeping the name "Galo Maringá".
On January 14, 2007, Adap Galo Maringá played its first official match, against Nacional of Rolândia, at Willie Davids Stadium, Maringá and won 3-1. This was also the club's first Campeonato Paranaense match. In the same year, the club competed in the Brazilian Championship Third Division, but was eliminated in the first stage. In 2009 the club sent a letter to the Federation Paranaense quitting football competition since then the club is not activated.
Adap Galo's colors are black and white, which were the colors of Galo Maringá.
- (Portuguese) Veja como foi a coletiva hoje sobre a fusão de ADAP e Galo - Associação Desportiva Atlética do Paraná's official website (November 25, 2006)
- (Portuguese) Adap Galo Maringá Football Club's history at the club's official website Archived November 14, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- (Portuguese) Club profile at Federação Paranaense de Futebol's official website
- (Portuguese) Veja o escudo do Adap Galo Maringá! - Galo Maringá's official website Archived January 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- (Portuguese) Campeonato Paranaense Janeiro 2007 - UOL Esporte
- Brazil 2007 Championship - Third Level (Série C)
- (Portuguese) Estádio Willie Davids at Templos do Futebol