Adaptive Insights, Inc., formerly Adaptive Planning, Inc., is a privately held software as a service company headquartered in Palo Alto, California founded in 2003. Its software allows companies to collaboratively plan and model, access real-time analytics, streamline financial reporting, and accelerate financial consolidation.
In 2003, Robert S. Hull and Richard L. Dellinger co-founded Adaptive Planning to market enterprise budgeting, forecasting, and reporting software as an alternative to spreadsheet-based planning or larger, on-premises software. Adaptive Planning was an early user of the software as a service (SaaS) model for business intelligence and corporate performance management. The company was funded in late 2003 and incorporated in Delaware as Visus Technology and then renamed to Adaptive Planning. It was incubated at Onset Ventures in Menlo Park, California. In September 2012 the company acquired the Louisville, Colorado based company myDIALS for an undisclosed amount. By October 2013 Adaptive Planning held a fourth round of funding, raising $45 million and added salesforce.com as a backer.
In February 2014, Adaptive Planning was renamed Adaptive Insights and released a new version of the software with an updated user interface.
In June 2015 the company reported another investment round of $75 million with several investors, including Norwest Venture Partners, ONSET Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Cardinal Venture Capital, Information Venture Partners, and others.
Adaptive covers the planning, consolidation, analytics and reporting functions with its Adaptive Suite of tools.
The application is built on an In-memory database, has an in-browser user interface similar to that of a spreadsheet, and the drag-and-drop characteristics of a web-based consumer application. Adaptive Insights automates consolidations and integration of data from other systems and enables collaboration and real-time updates via its on-demand SaaS-based model.
Awards and recognition
In 2011, Adaptive Insights was named one of the "Top 40 Vendors to Watch" by Information Management.
In 2014 Gartner included Adaptive Insights in the Magic Quadrant for Corporate Performance Management (CPM) applications for the first time. The company entered in Gartner's Visionary quadrant and has remained there in 2015. In 2016 Gartner split the CPM market research document and introduced a "Strategic CPM" segmentation where Adaptive Insights entered the Leaders quadrant.
In 2015, the company's Adaptive Suite won a CODiE award, named Best Software-as-a-Service.
The company was also named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for strategic Corporate Performance Management (CPM), the only cloud-only vendor to be named to the Leaders quadrant  and named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: Enterprise Performance Management, Q4 2016.
In 2009, Adaptive Insights partnered with NetSuite, Inc. and currently is a member of the SuiteCloud Developer Network.
Adaptive Insights has partners in Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
- "Adaptive Planning Acquires myDIALS". finance.yahoo.com. Yahoo Finance. 2012-09-10. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- Lunden, Ingrid (2015-06-30). "Cloud Finance Intelligence Startup Adaptive Insights Gets $75M, Reportedly At A Unicorn Valuation". techcrunch.com. TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-01-05.
- Ben Kepes (11 July 2014). "Adaptive Insights: Powering Tech IPOs To Ever-Better Performance". Forbes.
- http://www.technologyreview.com/business/26929/?p1=BI,Technology Review by MIT,12/29/10
- http://www.deloitte.com/assets/Dcom-UnitedStates/Local%20Assets/Documents/TMT_us_tmt/TMT_us_tmt_Deloitte%202011%20Technology%20Fast%20500%E2%84%A2%20Rankings_102411.pdf,Deloitte,10/23/11[permanent dead link]
- http://www.information-management.com/photo_gallery/1_12/10020001-1.html,Information[permanent dead link] Management
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-12-20. Retrieved 2014-12-19.
- Hull, Rob (2016-06-02). "A Giant Leap for the Cloud. A Big Step for Adaptive Insights.". adaptiveinsights.com. Adaptive Insights. Retrieved 2017-01-04.
- "2015 Winners". www.siia.net. Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- "Cloud 100 2016". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- "2016 Technology Fast 500 award winners | Deloitte US". Deloitte United States. Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- "Adaptive Insights Positioned as a Leader in Gartner Magic Quadrant for Strategic Corporate Performance Management Solutions". Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- "The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Performance Management, Q4 2016". www.forrester.com. Retrieved 2017-02-28.
- "New Adaptive Insights/McGladrey Partnership Helps Customers Rapidly and Cost-Effectively Achieve Business Goals". MarketWatch.