|Colours:||Red and Black|
|Grounds:||Blackabbey Road, Adare|
|Senior Club Championships|
Adare have reached the county senior hurling final on 12 occasions, most recently in 2013 when they lost to Na Piarsaigh. After losing the finals of 1968, 1986, 1990, 1993 and 1996, they finally won their first championship in 2001 and successfully defended it in 2002. In 2003 they narrowly missed out on winning three county titles in a row after losing out to Patrickswell in the final. They also won the title in 2007 and 2008. In 2009 they completed an historic 3 in a row. In 2010 they surrendered their County title to Na Piarsaigh at the quarter final stage.
2008 marked their first win in the Munster Senior Club Hurling Championship when they overcame Toomevara. They were subsequently defeated in the Munster final by De La Salle. Another notable success in 2008 was the completion of a "clean sweep" of county Bórd na nÓg hurling finals, winning the under 12, under 14 and under 16 titles.
In football they haven't traditionally been successful at senior level, however in recent years they have regularly been in contention for the county championship. In 2002 they reached their first senior county football final where they were defeated after a replay by Monaleen. In 2010, Adare reached the senior football final for the second time, where once again they were defeated by Monaleen.
The village regularly enjoys success at underage level in both codes.
Declan Hannon and Wayne McNamara are current members of the Limerick senior hurling team, and in 2013 were part of the team that won Limerick's first Munster title in 17 years. Mark Foley has played in 2 all Ireland finals and won 2 all-stars in 1996 and 2001. He was captain of the Limerick senior team in 2002, 2003, 2008 and 2009. In 2009, he became Limerick's most "capped" ever player when he reached a record 47 senior championship appearances for the county.
Adare Ladies Gaelic football club
Adare Ladies Gaelic football club was formed in 2005 to encourage ladies gaelic football in Adare and surrounding areas. There are U-10, U-12, U-14,U-16 and Adult teams. Our base is in the Adare Community Complex pitches(known as the Manor pitches).
Roll of honour
- Limerick Senior Hurling Championship (5); 2001, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009.
- County Premier U-21 Football; (1); 2015
- County Intermediate Football; (1); 2001.
- County Junior A Football; (2); 1985, 2000.
- County Junior Hurling; (1); 1964
- County Junior B Football; (1); 1999.
- Limerick Under-21 Hurling Championship; (4); 1979, 1983, 1999, 2000.
- Limerick Minor Hurling Championship; (3); 1990, 1998, 1999.
- County U-16 Hurling; (7); 1971, 1973, 1991, 1996, 2002, 2008, 2010.
- County U-16 Football; (1); 1996.
- County U-14 Hurling; (3); 1994, 2006, 2008.
- County U-12 hurling; (4); 1980, 1983, 1987, 2008.