|Private company |
(Subsidiary of Webinfluence Group AS)
|Founded||Tallinn, Estonia (2007 )|
|Revenue||€25 million (2013)|
Number of employees
|Parent||Webinfluence Group AS (since 2011)|
|Footnotes / references|
36 (December 2014[update])
Adcash is a worldwide advertising platform based in Tallinn, Estonia. As of 2014, the Adcash platform delivered advertising content to hundreds of millions of unique visitors each day through its network of over 100,000 websites.
Adcash was founded in 2007 by Christophe Avignon and Thomas Padovani, co-founder and owner of Webinfluence Group AS. Padovani, who is originally from France, came to Estonia to establish the new company Adcash, running it at the very beginning from the kitchen of his apartment in Tallinn. The company was built from the ground up with no direct funding, with the first sales agreements obtained through direct sales.
The Adcash Advertising Network was spun off as a separate company, Adcash OÜ, in 2011. It remains a subsidiary of Webinfluence Group AS. Adcash has branches in Bulgaria, Spain, Mexico, and France.
Adcash was named “one of the biggest and hottest startups in Estonia” by Arcticstartup.com in 2013. It is also ranked 46th on the Alexa Top 500 Sites on the Web, and 22 on their Top 500 Sites in France. Factsnfakes.in ranked Adcash at number 4 in the list of the Top 10 Advertising Networks for Websites. Founder and Chief Executive Officer Thomas Padovani was nominated among the top 5 finalists for the 2013 Estonian Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
In 2015, Adcash was awarded two titles at the EAS gala dinner of Estonia's best companies. The first title was for the Innovator of the Year, and the second for the most competitive medium-sized enterprise in Estonia. Adcash won the Innovator of the Year title thanks to its self-service platform, which allows advertisers to find the most appropriate target audience from amongst many millions of web users.
- "Adcash.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-12-20.
- "Company Overview". Crunchbase.ee.
- Kald, Indrek (2014-06-12). "Eesti IT-firma toetab Le Mansi 24 h võidusõidu tiimi". Äripäev.
- Jaakson, Marta (2014-02-12). "Prantslane lõi Eestis hiilgava idufirma". Äripäev. Archived from the original on 2014-05-27.
- Newlands, Murray (2013-08-19). "Clemence Etienne Talks Adcash Ad Network". The Mail.
- Lepik, Ave (2013-11-22). "Adcash laieneb Hiinas ja Indias". Äripäev, IT uudised.
- "Adcash avab jaanuaris Kontori Pariisis ja laieneb Eestis". Delfi,Ärileht. 2014-01-30.
- Mets, Mari (2013-09-21). "Prantsuse IT-ärimees kogub Eestis reklaamimiljoneid" [French IT businessman collects advertisement millions in Estonia] (in Estonian). Eesti Päevaleht.
- Sarle, Dimitri (2013-09-26). "The Estonian Startup With €25 Million Turnover You Haven't Heard Of". Articstartup. Archived from the original on 2014-05-27. Retrieved 2014-05-26.
- "The top 500 sites on the web". Alexa.com.
- "Top Sites in France". Alexa.com.
- "Top 10 Advertising Networks for websites". Factsnfakes.in. Archived from the original on 2016-06-16. Retrieved 2014-05-26.
- Sarapik, Rivo (2013-09-26). "25 mln eurose käibega Eesti idufirma, millest pole kuulnudki". IT Uudised.
- "Construction company Kodumaja named business of the year 2015". Estonian Public Broadcasting.
- "Adcash wins two awards". Adcash blog. Archived from the original on 2016-04-12. Retrieved 2016-03-31.