|Type||Privately held company|
|Products||Development tools, end-user software|
Add-in Express Ltd. is a privately held company located in Homel, Belarus. Established in 1998, Add-in Express focuses on tools for Microsoft Office integration. It provides a number of tools for the Visual Studio and Delphi environment that allow developers to extend Microsoft Office applications and Internet Explorer with custom functionality.
Add-in Express was first released in 2002 as a VCL library for creating COM add-ins in Delphi. It hid all straits of low-level programming by implementing the IDTExtensibility2 interface and provided GUI management including the creation of command bars and command bar controls. At that time Add-in Express supported COM add-ins for five main Microsoft Office applications, namely Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access. Later Add-in Express started supporting FrontPage and Project. After Office XP had been published, the Smart Tags and Excel Real-Time Data servers technologies were added to Add-in Express.
In 2004 Add-in Express was redesigned, and its second major version, Add-in Express 2.0, provided the RAD way for creating COM add-ins, smart tags and RTD servers. Also, one more technology, Excel Automation Add-ins, was added as well as the support of MapPoint, Visio and Publisher. Then Add-in Express was ported to .NET. In July, 2006 the VSTO (Visual Studio Tools for Office) edition of Add-in Express was released and Add-in Express became available in three editions: .NET, VSTO, and VCL.
The next generation of Add-in Express, Add-in Express 2007 was released in December, 2006. It added support for Microsoft Office 2007, including the customization of the Ribbon user interface (UI), the Quick Access Toolbar and the Office Menu. Around the same time, the Add-in Express Extensions for Microsoft Outlook was released. This plug-in included in the Add-in Express for Office packages allows customizing Microsoft Outlook forms and folder views in all Outlook versions from 2000 to 2007, later on it was renamed into Advanced Form and View Regions for Outlook. In November, 2007 the Advanced Task Panes for Microsoft Excel were implemented.
At the beginning of 2008 two more Add-in Express products appeared on the development components market: Add-in Express for Internet Explorer designed for creating Internet Explorer add-ons; and Add-in Express for Outlook Express purposed for developing Outlook Express extensions.
The next generation of the Add-in Express tools, generation 2009 was released in May, 2009. The most prominent features of that release were: Advanced Task Panes for Microsoft Word, Advanced Task Panes for Microsoft PowerPoint, and support for Delphi Prism 2009.
In 2011 two new products were released: Add-in Express Regions for Microsoft Outlook and VSTO and Ribbon Designer for Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365.
Supported extension types
- Application-level COM add-ins (Component Object Model add-ins) for Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, Project, MapPoint, Publisher, Visio, FrontPage and InfoPath
- Smart tags for Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook (with Word as a default e-mail editor)
- Excel Real-Time Data servers
- Excel user defined functions (UDFs) (XLL and Automation add-ins)
- Internet Explorer add-ons
Add-in Express product line
- Add-in Express for Microsoft Office and .net - a Rapid application development toolkit for creating various Microsoft Office extensibility projects. Provides visual designers, wizards and components to create version-neutral extensions for Microsoft Office 2010-2013 applications with custom toolbars, menus and ribbons. Add-in Express integrates applied code with all applications from the Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Access, PowerPoint, MapPoint, FrontPage, InfoPath, Project and Publisher. It works with Visual Studio 2005-2012 and supports VB.NET, Visual C# and Visual C++.
- Add-in Express for Microsoft Office and VCL - allows creating Office COM add-ins, smart tags, real-time data servers and user-defined functions using Delphi 5 – XE4.
- Add-in Express Regions for Microsoft Outlook and VSTO - an extension for the Visual Studio Tools for Office that enables developers to create advanced view and form regions for Outlook Explorer and Inspector windows.
- Add-in Express for Internet Explorer and Microsoft .net - is the visual tool for developing Internet Explorer add-ons, customizing its GUI and accessing IE objects and events.
Outlook Security Manager (full name Security Manager for Microsoft Outlook) is a one-line programming tool to disable Microsoft Outlook Security pop-up warnings in add-ins and applications that automate Microsoft Outlook.
- Ribbon Designer for SharePoint and Office 365 - the tool is purposed for customizing the Server Ribbon UI of SharePoint and Office 365 solutions.
- Outlook Security Manager - the full name is Security Manager for Microsoft Outlook, is a one-line programming tool to disable Microsoft Outlook Security pop-up warnings in add-ins and applications that automate Microsoft Outlook.
- VDProj to WiX Converter - an extension for Visual Studio that converts Visual Studio setup projects (.vdproj) to WiX (.wixproj).