Addiscombe tram stop
Addiscombe tram stop, viewed from the north.
|Location||Lower Addiscombe Road,
|Fare zone||London fare zones 3, 4, 5 and 6|
|Passengers (2009–10)||0.764 million total boardings and alightings|
|Passengers (2010–11)||0.889 million total boardings and alightings|
Bus stops adjacent to the tram stop provide interchange with the following bus services (as of December 2010):
- 289 – Elmers End – Central Croydon – Purley;
- 312 – Norwood Junction – Central Croydon – South Croydon. (Presently diverted indefinitely away from Addiscombe Tram Stop due to local bridge engineering works);
- 367 – Bromley – Central Croydon;
- 130 – New Addington - Addiscombe - Norwood Junction. This route is diverted to replace 312 until further notice.;
The tram stop is located between Bingham Road and Lower Addiscombe Road, on a section of line which follows the trackbed of the former Woodside and South Croydon Railway. However the former railway was on an embankment at this point and crossed over both roads on bridges. During construction of Tramlink, the embankment was removed, the bridges replaced with level crossings and the tram stop built at street level.
The tram stop is built on the site of Bingham Road Halt on the Woodside and South Croydon Railway which was closed in 1915. A new station Bingham Road opened in 1935 was situated on the other (south) side of Bingham Road but closed in 1983. The same railway's Addiscombe station was located on a branch line, about 500 metres to the west.
|Preceding tram stop||Tramlink||Following tram stop|
towards Wellesley Road
towards Elmers End
towards Beckenham Junction
towards Therapia Lane
towards Elmers End
- "Tram Stop Usage 2009-10 (FOI)" (XLS). Tramlink annual passenger performance 2009-2010. Transport for London. 18 August 2011. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "Tramlink numbers 2010-2011" (PDF). Tramlink annual passenger performance 2010-2011. Transport for London. 28 March 2012. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "Buses and trams from Addiscombe" (PDF). Transport for London. Retrieved 2007-02-01.
- Gent, John B. Croydon's Transport Through the Ages. Croydon Natural History & Scientific Society Ltd. ISBN 0-906047-17-X.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Addiscombe tram stop.|
|This UK Tram-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|