Addison station (CTA Brown Line)
|Chicago 'L' rapid transit station|
|Location||1818 West Addison Street|
Chicago, Illinois 60613
|Owned by||Chicago Transit Authority|
|Platforms||2 Side platforms|
|Opened||May 18, 1907|
|Previous names||Addison/Lincoln (Station Sign)|
|Passengers (2017)||743,328 3.7%|
|Rank||88 out of 143|
Addison is an 'L' station on the CTA's Brown Line. It is an elevated station with two side platforms, located at 1818–20 West Addison Street in Chicago's North Center neighborhood. The stations that are adjacent to Addison are Irving Park, one-half mile (0.80 km) to the north, and Paulina, about three-eighths mile (0.60 km) to the southeast.
Brown Line Capacity Expansion Project
The Brown Line Capacity Expansion Project aims to allow eight car trains on the Brown Line by the extension of the platforms at all stations. At the same time all Brown Line stations are being upgraded to meet ADA requirements. On December 2, 2006, Addison Station closed for 12 months to be rebuilt as part of this project. The station reopened on December 3, 2007, the same day which the Irving Park station closed for renovations.
- 152 Addison
Notes and references
- "New 'L' Line Operated". Chicago Daily Tribune. May 19, 1907. p. 11.
- "Annual Ridership Report – Calendar Year 2017" (PDF). Chicago Transit Authority, Ridership Analysis and Reporting. January 31, 2018. Retrieved July 29, 2018.
- Addison. Chicago-"L".org (URL accessed October 17, 2006).
- Montrose and Addison Brown Line Stations to Temporarily Close on December 2 for Renovation. CTA Press Release (URL accessed November 3, 2006).
Media related to Addison (CTA Brown Line) at Wikimedia Commons
- Addison (Ravenswood Line) Station Page
- Train schedule (PDF) at CTA official site
- Addison Street entrance from Google Maps Street View
|This article relating to the Chicago Transit Authority is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Illinois train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|